Could Canada ever become a superpower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, Canada is growing faster
    Due solely to immigration. This will change once the birth rate differential starts to take hold.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

10 child policy
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

in any case Canada has like no economic power or resources. China will be the next superpower. They are quickly amassing all the world's wealth. How could Canada ever hope to stand up to China? I'd like to see them stand up to Russia even when they try to take the oil in the artic region.

Comment

I just search for "clogs" on wolfram alpha and it gave me equations for c log(s). [/nerd]
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

in any case Canada has like no economic power or resources. China will be the next superpower.
            If you think Canada has no resources and that is disqualifying, then China has no chance whatsoever.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Human resources is the best resource. Human resources is a product of population and education.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If the big three (US, China, and Russia) nuke the he** out of each other plus Japan, India, and Europe, then Canada could emerge by picking up the North American pieces in the resulting empty spaces. Elsewhise, the nation's very existance represents the Union's error at the end of the Civil War to not turn that army onto Canada and annex them. History is what it is, so Canada soldiers on . My impression has been that the population up there is pretty optimistic and friendly.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

It depends on how bad global warming gets. Lot's of Americans could emigrate to Canada turning your country into USA II.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If Canada managed to get nukes, then nukes everyone bigger then Canada they could do it.
                    Blah

Comment

The biggest problem in Canada beside the seal clubbing , is their insistence that hockey is a sport.

Comment

They're wrong of course. Seal clubbing *may* be a sport, but hockey certainly isn't.
                        Blah

Comment

For those confused about his map, it was from the 2000 election, "Jesusland" is just the states that went for Bush.

But yea, no chance Canada will be a superpower.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I think the question we should all be asking ourselves is could Hera's girlfriend ever stop being a fat bltch?

Comment

Jesusland is a very good song by Ben Folds... I can actually play some of it on the piano until I get dizzy
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                If anything, people would prefer the opposite annexation of Canada to the US.
                                In assessing the truth of this statement I ask all readers to consider the poster.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X