This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ IV Patch 3.19 Is Availiable

Just in case you folks havnt noticed so far.

Apparently fixed the out of synch issues.

edit by Robert Plomp:
    patch notes: V3.19 (thanks to rah)

Info screen always shows demographics when espionage is disabled
    Players can no longer receive obsolete resources through trade
    Fixed bug where culture obtained through espionage was 100 times lower than intended
    AI player better evaluates his situation before voting for a ban on nuclear weapons
    Fixed a few AI civic evaluation bugs
    AI changes civics during Golden Ages
    Fixed bug with AI not knowing how close its cities are to other players
    Re-enabled Foreign Advisor "Glance" screen
    Fixed Team Battleground map script to distribute hills better and work around team-counting problem
    Civilopedia lists buildings that replace a given building
    Barrage promotions no longer available to units without the ability to already cause collateral damage
    Conquistador ignores walls, to be consistent with Cuirassier
    Fixed AI defender bug for newly captured cities
    Build-specific production modifiers are no longer counted for overflow gold calculations
    Building or destroying a fort now properly refreshes resource connections
    Collateral damage modifiers, collateral damage immunity, and air defense modifiers, multiply instead of add
    Fixed event triggering on a dead unit
    AI uses Warlords to make super-medic units
    Better AI decision-making related to damaged air units
    Better AI use of missiles to disconnect enemy resources
    AI evacuates ships and planes from cities in danger
    AI no longer joins Great People to cities in danger
    Fixed bug where AI Great Engineers would hurry Wonders in other players' cities
    Spies no longer interrupt their mission when moving next to an enemy unit
    Fixed map generator bug for water starts
    Situations which invalidated Secretary General/AP Resident now force the next vote to be an election
    Fixed team-counting bug that would cause some mapscripts to fail
    Moved some gamecore-specific code into the DLL
    Fixed cheat where you could apply a free tech from one game to another
    Diplomacy summary no longer claims that a civ is the worst enemy of a human team
    Groups on sentry awake based on best
    Last edited by Robert; June 11, 2009, 10:48.

Is this an official patch or an unofficial one by fans?

If official... link please
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Here's the patch notes. Hurray.

V3.19

- Info screen always shows demographics when espionage is disabled

- Players can no longer receive obsolete resources through trade

- Fixed bug where culture obtained through espionage was 100 times lower than intended

- AI player better evaluates his situation before voting for a ban on nuclear weapons

- Fixed a few AI civic evaluation bugs

- AI changes civics during Golden Ages

- Fixed bug with AI not knowing how close its cities are to other players

- Re-enabled Foreign Advisor "Glance" screen

- Fixed Team Battleground map script to distribute hills better and work around team-counting problem

- Civilopedia lists buildings that replace a given building

- Barrage promotions no longer available to units without the ability to already cause collateral damage

- Conquistador ignores walls, to be consistent with Cuirassier

- Fixed AI defender bug for newly captured cities

- Build-specific production modifiers are no longer counted for overflow gold calculations

- Building or destroying a fort now properly refreshes resource connections

- Collateral damage modifiers, collateral damage immunity, and air defense modifiers, multiply instead of add

- Fixed event triggering on a dead unit

- AI uses Warlords to make super-medic units

- Better AI decision-making related to damaged air units

- Better AI use of missiles to disconnect enemy resources

- AI evacuates ships and planes from cities in danger

- AI no longer joins Great People to cities in danger

- Fixed bug where AI Great Engineers would hurry Wonders in other players' cities

- Spies no longer interrupt their mission when moving next to an enemy unit

- Fixed map generator bug for water starts

- Situations which invalidated Secretary General/AP Resident now force the next vote to be an election

- Fixed team-counting bug that would cause some mapscripts to fail

- Moved some gamecore-specific code into the DLL

- Fixed cheat where you could apply a free tech from one game to another

- Diplomacy summary no longer claims that a civ is the worst enemy of a human team

- Groups on sentry awake based on best unit's vision rather than head unit's vision

- Hidden Nationality units can enter friendly rival territory when starting in a city

- Fixed bug where captured cities could give double bonus for the Apostolic Palace

- Fixed a bug in AI war declaration in exchange for technologies

- Sea patrolling ships no longer attack if they have less than 50% chance of winning the battle

- Terrain height no longer affects aerial recon missions

- No Espionage option: no Free Great Spy from Communism, no espionage-related events

- Blockading AI Privateers can no longer sense invisible units

- Colonies no longer assume the name of an eliminated player
      Last edited by rah; June 12, 2009, 10:24. Reason: Complete list from CFC *sigh*
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Players can no longer receive obsolete resources through trade
        Scrap! I always considered this a feature, not a bug.

Comment

for the lazy.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Zoiks! Another patch?!?!

I saw on another forum that the CD check was removed.
              Last edited by Lord Avalon; June 10, 2009, 18:20.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

At a a glance, many of these were fixed in the unofficial patch.

That players will no longer be able to trade for obsolete resources though was not in the unofficial patch.

It does make sense though especially considering the obsolete resources were available for pennies on the dollar.

"Situations which invalidated Secretary General/AP Resident now force the next vote to be an election" is also new and not in the unofficial patch.

This makes sense to add as well.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Well, I've discovered there is still a out of synch problem even with the patch downloaded.. But otherwise its nice.

Comment

i'm glad there's a no cd fix finally. saves me from having to download the crack
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I've been one of the more vocal opponents to Firaxis leaving the MP community hanging out to dry... THANK YOU FIRAXIS!

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                        And for those that bought the game via D2D, remember, you must get the patch from them. The above link doesn't work for D2D.

And again, THANK YOU Firaxis for issuing another FINAL PATCH to help everybody, but especially those of us in the MP Community. Having an official patch is wonderful and will make MP so much easier.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Firaxis!
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Whoho! Thanks Firaxis!

I was under the impression that 3.17 was the last one, good to see them not abandoning the community.
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              And for those that bought the game via D2D, remember, you must get the patch from them. The above link doesn't work for D2D.
                              Thank you for posting that, otherwise I would have sat here downloading the patch for nothing. I D2D.com alot of my games now, CDs are ancient and fragile, D2D saves time.
                              "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                              "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

Working...
                              X