X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should've read this before... Now I can't play TAM mod anymore

Can I somehow uninstall this patch?
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Only way I know is uninstall BTS, then install BTS, then install the 3.17 patch and then install your mods.

The other choice is to update the mods.

You might want to see how close the author(s) of the TAM mod are to making a version compatible with 3.19 on whatever site in whichever forum they primarily use.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Here is some advice I copied from (obviously) some time ago:

You can have a dual-civ installation.
        Make a copy of your BtS folder (rename it "Beyond the Sword v3.03" or something)
        Do the same in your "My Games" folder (rename it exactly the same)

Then just start the game from the normal "Beyond the Sword" folder and patch it.
        If you want to play the patch, start it from the 'normal' folder, if you want to play 3.03, playt it from the "Beyond the Sword v3.03" folder.
        With this you could both play your favorite un-updated mods, and play 3.19. Personally, I will probably await my favorite mod being updated to 3.19.

Comment

The patch is great (no disk option especially), except now my PBEM games are trashed. When I finish a turn, something goes funny, and upon opening the turn, the next player sees my team, but he can't change anything or make any progress. This change coincicdes directly with the new patch, and I even took the trouble to uninstall the whole thing, test every version (which all worked fine) until the 3.19 patch.
          I suggested that all of us playing go back to the 3.17, but one guy has automatic patching, so no-go.
          Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn View Post
            All mods need updated to BTS 3.19 due to DLL interface changes.

Damn! I was just about to test Dales combat mod.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
              Damn! I was just about to test Dales combat mod.
              Then download the RevolutionDCM mod, which combines the latest Better AI, Revolution mod, BUG, and Dale's Combat Mod (and other mods as well). All the mod elements can be toggled. Version 2.50 is for v3.19.

Get it from the link in "The main version of Revolution is now RevolutionDCM" though, not from the Sourceforge link, which seems to not been updated yet.

I haven't played it yet, though I have downloaded and installed it.

Comment

Change not documented above:

Artillery will not make amphibious attack

Possible bug:

Calculation of domination victory land area - was able to achieve a conquest victory before a domination victory for the first time (without razing cities)
                "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Mydrdrin, the land needed for domination victory is a variable. It tends to spike up when you aquire new territory but then drop back to normal.
                  So if you went from one war to the next without stopping, you make it easier to acheive conquest victory rather than domination.
                  Also a capitulated vassal counts fully towards conquest but his territory only counts as half towards domination.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

With the previous version, generally I could achieve a domination victory without attacking the 2nd largest civilisation. With this version I had a target of c65% to achieve a domination victory but only c61% after conquering the last civilisation.

It was a map with a high proportion of water but it looked as if the target % was of the whole map not the land mass. Let me know if you would like any more details.
                    "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

I still get out of synch with this new patch. I even had the dreaded out of synch with random events disabled. At least before the out of synch only happened when I played with random events on.

The only time I could play without any out of synch issues was when we playd games with Bhuric's patch.

Are there any fixes for the current out of synch troubles.
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'm surprised to hear of your problems. Using just the latest patch, and no other mods or patches, we've had far less out of synch problems, and connection issues have almost disappeared. Are you sure that everybody in the game is using the exact same version with no player mods or player patches? Rah's Saturday Night gang is thrilled so far with the lack of problems. We used to have far more of them, expecially with connections.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I only play with my brother (not a twin ) so I guess we should both try fresh installs with the new patch only and see if this fixes the problem.
                          Quendelie axan!

Comment

How are you playing MP... Direct IP, Lan, Internet? We play Direct IP. That might make a difference as well.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We play direct IP as well.
                              We have tried LAN (both real and through Hamachi) a few times but don't recall this making a difference.
                              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Patch won't even install

V frustrating ... I've installed Civ4 Complete on two machines, my main desktop running XP Pro and my laptop running Vista. Both rigs more than exceed the tech requirements.

On the Vista laptop I was unable to install the game from the DVD, but I finally managed to get it running by copying the Complete DVD onto a thumb drive and installing from there. It plays fine now, but every attempt to add the 3.19 patch fails almost before it starts -- the Setup wizard aborts with a pop-up that says "Setup has encountered a serious error and must close."

On my XP machine, I have happily run Civ4 for years, but Civ4 Complete has caused all kinds of jerks, pauses, and interruptions when it tries to load. It appeared to install properly but the stutter's so bad it's a no-brainer that something is very wrong. And, like my Vista rig, it refuses to install the 3.19 patch (Vista is 64-bit version; XP Pro is installed on an Athlon 64 but is 32-bit.)

I've never had any trouble patching previous versions of Civ so I presume I'm doing it right. But this is making me nuts.

Any advice greatly appreciated ... TYIA

LvT

Comment

Working...
                                X