Airplane Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Characters

After long flights (10.5 Hours) to and from London, I noticed the following Airplane characters:

Johnny Jump-Up - This guy (and it is almost always a guy) has his seatbelt off and is out of his seat grabbing his bags from the overhead before the wheels of the plane even touch the runway.

Carry-On Clarice - Clarice has a purse, laptop, suit bag, and a rolling suitcase that is larger than the monster suitcase you checked. She will whack people on both sides of the aisle with her bags and offer a curt sorry. Then she realizes she is on the wrong side and has to go back against the grain dealing out blows as she goes.

Overhead Bin Owen - Owen will never put his stuff in his own empty overhead bin. He will stuff it into yours, crushing whatever you have.

Slim Shady - Slim will keep the window shades open so that anyone within ten rows will be blinded and unable to watch a movie or sleep.

Morse Code Marvin - A relative of Slim Shady, Marvin will open his window shade every few minutes, sending a blast of light through the plane like a Morse Code signal.

Jumping Jack - Not to be confused with Johnny Jump-Up, Jack will jump up every seven minutes, slam open the overhead bin, and rummage through his carryon, loudly zipping and unzipping it, making sure to close the bin with a bang when he’s done.

Chatty Cathy - Cathy will start a conversation, especially if you are watching the movie, reading your book, or sleeping.

Cockpit Clem - Clem will call from the cockpit, waking you up or interrupting the movie to inform you of the weather, visibility, windspeed, and all the landmarks you could see if only it was light out.

Crown Heirs - The royal heirs run up and down the aisles yelling and playing while their parents look on lovingly. If the heirs sit behind you, you seat will be kicked all flight long.

Cry Babies - Squalling babies will be present in direct proportion to the length of the flight. On your little propeller flight of 30 minutes there will never be a baby. On your ten hour flight, there will be no less than twenty screaming babies.

Anybody have any other annoying airplane characters?
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

I found most all the characters to be funny, rather than annoying, but Kareem Abdul-Jabbar would probably vote for Joey, the kid who had never been in a cockpit before... and may or may not like movies about gladiators.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

He never answered the question.

Anyway, Kenny Tarmac from Bob and Tom is classic, the guy who gets on his cell phone right as the plane lands. "Hey guy, it's me, we just landed."

I always had Lounging Louie, the big guy who sits in front of you and reclines as far back as he can (which is further than the seat should go because he's fat) and clips his nails and is generally just annoying.

The guy with the cold making H1N1 jokes is a riot though.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I'llshowerwhenIgetthere Jim. Him and his brother MaybeIshouldhavegottentwoseats John. If you're in the middle of that, there's no way to turn.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Imallergictopeanutsandithinkimgoingintoshock Joe... what a douche. If you are allergic to peanuts, don't fly. mmmkay
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Gyppy the Jew. Will try to convert you or at least take your wallet. Best dealt with by waiting for him in the bathroom.

Dirka Dirka the Mohammadan who somehow avoided the no fly list. Wants to kill you and everyone on board. Best dealt with by trying to convert him and taking his wallet.

Comment

There's always a black guy with shades and a jacket running around and shouting expelitives. He seems rather agitated all the time. He should just sit quietly and I bet his blood pressure would drop!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Douche-baguette: This femme fatale has not had time for a shower or other personal hygiene ablutions and has unsuccessfully attempted to hide it beneath fire-tongues of scent. The overall effect is to make her reek like an unshaven well-loved armpit full of yeast and Eau du toilette.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                  Imallergictopeanutsandithinkimgoingintoshock Joe... what a douche. If you are allergic to peanuts, don't fly. mmmkay
                  I don't get this; wouldn't it be simpler to just not eat the peanuts, that's what I do.

Fact.. I don't think they serve peanuts on planes anymore.
                  be free

Comment

Like Rah said, Fatty and Stinky are pretty much the worst.

Elbows Eddie is pretty bad -- the not-fat dude who still claims as much room as possible by planting wide feet and spreading his elbows out into the adjacent seats.

Particularily in the era of bag-check charges "Carry on Clarice" is pretty prevalant. My wife is a variant: "Hope It-will-fit". We have the same size carry on bag -- mine fits all overhead bins easily. She carrys only the one bag, but stuffs hers so full of **** that it takes 5 minutes of shoving to jam it into the bin.

The Lurker I also dislike -- stands in the aisle or on his seat the entire flight, surveying the passengers. I find him creepy.

Oh, also, BK? WTF?
                    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Brenda Tiny Bladder - Drank less than you, but is going to the bathroom for the fourth time, forcing you to put your tray up and/or move out of the way (and will again upon her inevitable return).
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yes Tiny bladder can be annoying since because I'm tall, I'm almost always in the aisle seat.

And eddie must claim both arm rests.

Hmm a may sometimes be considered the lurker since due to an old injury (broken tailbone) I can't sit very long at any one time so find myself standing in the aisle often. But I do usually try to time it with a longer line for the bathroom so I don't appear quite so creepy.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Drunks.

Comment

Actually its a lot better than back when smoking was still allowed on planes.
                            Now a lot of smokers don't drink on planes since it would make them want to smoke more.
                            And the back of airplanes used to really be party areas.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Standing I don't mind in and of itself. I don't mind the old dudes who pace at all -- up and down the aisle is cool, minding their own business, gotta prevent DVTs after all. It's a certain category of snarky looking dude who just sort of hangs out, checking out the scene, maybe does a few big old stretches now and then, like -- "oh dude I am totally missing my back workout by being on this plane. Total, bummer brah".
                              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                              X