20/20 World Cup (cricket thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by classical_hero View Post
    The English, always trying a way to make themselves happy, even when their team is terrible.
    Watching in the eighties/early nineties I got plenty of practice.

Comment

Should we start a new thread for the Ashes?

Comment

Should we start a new thread for the Ashes?
        Yep. That'd be fun.

Comment

Yes, now that it is a week away I feel the need to moan about a test beginning on a Wednesday rather than a Thursday!

Comment

Pakistan
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The English, always trying a way to make themselves happy, even when their team is terrible.
              At least they didn't exit that tournament quite as quickly as Australia.

Comment

Comment

I suspect that Aussie media propaganda about how it was luck or pitch-rigging and they're still a better side and should not have lost the series will be widespread now.At least I hope so. I hope they look at that and the the bare statistical figures.
                  Truth is that they lost because they picked sides that suited flat-pitches. Dominating a flat pitch with a good batting side, wins less matches than being the (fractionially) better bowling side in England. As an England fan, I hope the media talks bollocks and puts them off the scent of why England won.
                  If they'd picked a balanced bowling attack without the batting consevatism, the Aussies would probably have won.
                  That makes it even sweeter.

Comment

Working...
                  X