Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Survive the World's Greatest Conquerors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Survive the World's Greatest Conquerors?

Anyone want to give this scenario a shot? I set up the map with a rather... difficult challenge.

You get one city, it is in a pretty sweet spot though. Very defensible, all the strategic resources you need and plenty of the non-strategic ones. You start as Cyrus (Charismatic, Imperialistic) of the Celts. And you start on a hill.

However, you are up against Alexander, Boudica, Genghis Khan, Hannibal, Julius Caesar, Montezuma, Napoleon, Stalin, Tokugawa, Shaka, Wang Kon and Churchill. Always war. On Immortal.

How long can you survive?

Post the year you went out on, your score and how many great generals you got.

My last game:
    1350 AD
    8 Great Generals
    Score 664

How about you?
    Attached Files
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Are you allowed to build more cities, or capture cities or is it OCC?

This might be entertaining. I would love to see some of the people that claim they win on immortal all the time try this and post some saves so we can see if they're full of **** or if they can actually do it.

I may give this a go this weekend.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And for those of us that don't normally play scenarios. Which directory do I put it in?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It is OOC, so you can't build or capture cities, but you can raze enemy cities. Good luck with that though. Also, due to always war, this isn't exactly a standard immortal game.

Put the map in:

My Docs --> My Games --> Beyond the Sword --> Transferred Maps

I initially played it on Emperor and made it well into the modern age before I got wiped out. I had 18 great generals! That was a fun game, though I screwed up the oil placement, so that really hurt in the modern age.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

What difficulty?

EDIT: nm
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

OH great. Krill will be accepting the challange and will more than likely make me look really bad

Something to look forward to.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm playing a new game now that is making my previous attempt look bad. I think I can keep going for a while.

Comment

Ok, I made it to 2050. I survived.

Didn't get a victory though. I had every spaceship part built except the engine. Needed another 4 turns for it.

I razed a total of 10 cities, but didn't eliminate any civs. I accumulated 16 great generals. All settled. Together with barracks, and the Pentagon I was producing 37 XP units.

I killed 88 Cavalry, 80 Riflemen, 61 Catapults, 60 Caravels , 53 Infantry, 53 Trebuchets, 42 Cannons, 41 Tanks, and many, many more units.

I lost 15 Cannon, 15 Grenadiers, 10 Modern Armor, 9 Tanks, 8 Infantry, 6 Machine Guns, 5 Archers, and other assorted units. Most of those units are from my failed efforts to go on the offensive. Though I guess taking out 10 cities isn't bad. One of them was the Hinduism holy city, the state religion of every single AI except one, with over 50% of the globe following it. That hurt them dirty Holy Romans good.

My final score was 3997.

Genghis Khan/Hannibal ended up with the time victory.
                Last edited by OzzyKP; June 4, 2009, 00:56.

Comment

I've not looked at teh game yet, but there was one deity AW OCC game over at CFC a few years ago, which could only be won by conquest. Then again, there was only one way into the players land over the strongest possible defensive position, so that didn't require any challenging tactics.

I don't know when I'll look at this (or if I'll even play it), but my exams have finished, so not like I have much else to do...
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I had played a deity always war challenge at CFC, won with space race, but i did countless reloads-it was allowed. Any rules for this one?

Comment

Reloads???? Kind of takes the challenge out of challenge
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        Reloads???? Kind of takes the challenge out of challenge
                        Yeah, but as i see restarts are allowed, that's something

Comment

Oh, I didn't think to specify that. No reloading!

I did mine without reloading.

I guess if everyone does well on Immortal we can up it to Deity. The start is really, really nice. And defensible. But still challenging. Instead of one way in or out there are four. Plus the potential (if the AI didn't suck) for some naval landings. AIs on all sides.

Other rules: don't change the settings. They are an extra part of the challenge.

Comment

You shouldn't have posted your last result yet. Being only 4 turns from winning will mean the only way to do better is to win. It would have been better if you had waited for others to try and not do quite as well, then you could have posted your new one and taunted all those that fell short.

and does always war mean everyone at war with everyone else or just everyone at war with you?
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Everyone is at war with you.

And you're right... I should have posted that later. I was so glad I did well though, couldn't wait to share.

Comment

Working...
                              X