Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Survive the World's Greatest Conquerors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    wodan11, have you tried it again on Immortal? Did you get another Conquest Victory?
    I've played the Immortal game up until about 200AD. I don't see any obstacles to the game finishing exactly the same. I have a full compliment of longbows on each choke point, and 3 warlord units. From this point the template I established the first game should still apply: sortie out (as you described) killing units sitting just outside the choke point and too chicken to attack my drill longbows. Beeline cannons. Mass produce cannons while I beeline Rifles. Upgrade > 12 warlord units and keep mass producing cannons. Conquer.

(BTW, target the protective civs before the others. Need to knock them out before they get muskets if possible, and above all don't let them get rifles. Was my thought anyway. Rather face Genghis with Rifles than Churchill.)

Comment

Well the AI techs a lot faster and probably builds more units on Immortal. So if you got canons and rifles before your foes got muskets, I suspect things will be much different on Immortal.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yes, they build more units. They tech a little faster, but not all that much.

Comment

First off, I didn't mean to make you defensive...

I was more trying to explain myself
          Your suggestions are appreciated!

I've just survived...! till 2019, then ceasar/montezuma won a cultural victory (bleh).
          I razed two cities, and I got nuked all the way the turn that the game ended
          The sams helped a lot indeed, I made the maoi status this time, not hte national epic. I'm going to try it without the national park next time.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

My first game (on prince):
            1420 AD
            4 Great Generals
            Score 484

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
              First off, I didn't mean to make you defensive...

I was more trying to explain myself
              Your suggestions are appreciated!

I've just survived...! till 2019, then ceasar/montezuma won a cultural victory (bleh).
              I razed two cities, and I got nuked all the way the turn that the game ended
              The sams helped a lot indeed, I made the maoi status this time, not hte national epic. I'm going to try it without the national park next time.
              Whoa, you didn't build the maoi statues before? Those are almost mandatory on this map.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
                Yes, they build more units. They tech a little faster, but not all that much.
                It makes a big difference. I was able to dominate easily on monarch myself, immortal is much harder. Try it.

Comment

Whoa, you didn't build the maoi statues before? Those are almost mandatory on this map.
                  Hence the previous discussion. You must have missed it.

It makes a big difference. I was able to dominate easily on monarch myself, immortal is much harder. Try it.
                  I doubt it but sure. I'll play up until I get Cannons but if I can get Cannons before any AI has rifles, then I'm going to quit because it's a done deal.

Comment

Sounds like you are copping out again. Play it through all the way on the correct difficulty or quit bragging.

Comment

1) I'm not bragging
                      2) "In this life you don't have to prove nothing to nobody except yourself." -- Rudy
                      3) It's a tedious process, and not what I call fun, to do a conquest victory. Let alone one that's almost exactly like one you just did.

I'll do as I said. If I don't get cannons before rifles show, I'll keep playing. If not, I'll gladly provide the save and YOU can finish it off.

Comment

It isn't hard to get cannons before rifles show. Being able to do something with them is another question altogether.

But it is quite simple, whether you think you have something to prove or not, the truth is you came in here claiming to have beat this challenge and you didn't. So if you are interested in beating this challenge, then do it.

If you don't want to beat the challenge, then why are you here?

Comment

Some people might dispute that it's easy to get cannons before the AIs get rifles on Immortal.

Regardless, I already showed I can do something with an endless supply of cannons. Now THAT is something that I would say is "not hard". I honestly believe *anybody* could win once they got to that point.

the truth is you came in here claiming to have beat this challenge and you didn't

I didn't claim anything; I simply posted my results because I thought others would find them of interest. I could care less about the challenge. I'm here because I thought it'd be fun and interesting. Playing the same game twice in a row is neither.

I respect this is your thread, Ozzy. But please realize that everbody comes to it on their own terms. If you want a formal contest game, then submit it to be used for a game of the month.
                          Last edited by wodan11; June 13, 2009, 16:03.

Comment

Comment

c'mon, wodan, show us mortals that you are indeed able to win a conquest victory on immortal level! We'll whisper your name in awe for the rest of our lives!

Comment

I've just destroyed the Zulu civilization..... that's something

Comment

Working...
                                X