Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Survive the World's Greatest Conquerors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't have much time last night but opened it up to take a look at it. I liked the horses on the island.
    In your game, did the any of the AI's ever go to war with each other. Or having them all at war with you make them buddy buddy?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't pay very close attention to the AI beyond the waves of troops sent to destroy me. But I think they were all buddy-buddy.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Need minimum 4 axes, 4 archers (1 each per entrance) and 1 warrior. Add 1 GG to each axe and promote upwards...later on double the GG defenders.

TBH I don't really think this scenario is all that defendable, because you need to keep 4 separate stacks to defend each entrance. The land is pretty crap as well (way too many coastal tiles for my liking) and you have the risk of being boated. Later on you'll need an airforce as well because the AI can settle real close, and you always need the SDI. And you'll get constantly targetted by spies.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

All part of the challenge.

Though the water tiles are pretty damn good if handled correctly.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Too much would vary from game togame in the AIs...and nothing can vary on the part of the human, if they want to win. If they want to survive...meh.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

8 Aggressive Civs, Always War, OCC? I'm not sure if I could win that even on Noble.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Give it a shot.

Comment

Help. I put the file in the right directory but I have no idea how to load it.

Comment

Go to single player and then "play a scenario". It should be listed there as "Survival Challenge".

Comment

I did exactly as you told, but it doesn't show in the scenario list...
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Aha, I found out. It's supposed to be placed in the 'My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder' folder
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

Ah, strange, I thought it would work in either folder. Thanks for figuring it out.

Comment

840 AD on my first try. But I usually play on noble/prince, so I had a lot of difficulties with my finance/research, despite having a rather good start. 6 Great Generals (thanks to my great wall )

I do have a better idea of which techs to beeline next time. I'll probably try again soon!

Comment

In all honesty, save games can be put anywhere. To open, double-click on them. Don't go into the game and use load... waste of time. Windows is smart enough to know which mod to run.

Anyway I'm 1800AD on my first try. About 14 GGs so far. Haven't had too much trouble. It's pretty straightforward how to do well. This game is built for a drill army. So, basically, simply build archers, promote combat until cats show, then promote drill.

Comment

I'm going to try it tonight!
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X