Cradle III...the download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
    Duplicate the existing chariot sprite named GU156.SPR ...
    Yeah, I figured that out right after I posted my question, guess I should try to solve it myself first.

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
    BTW, you're getting Timelines to run on AE 1111?
    I didn't do anything special. I'm in about 250 turns and so far so good, except none of the visible wonders actually show. When I select tile info it says the wonder is there and shows the benefit on fpc, but nothing is visible. Inside the cheat menu doesn't show anything either.

Comment

• Well so far the Asian map is taking a bit longer to format. I'm changing many of the game elements to give it a more Asian flair...
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• I really like the Great Houses, Wonder Units, and ability for front line units to get promoted to Elite, Hero, and General. I'm looking forward to the next release.

Comment

BTW, you're getting Timelines to run on AE 1111? Fill me on how you got it to work. I've been running Cradle on Activision Patch/Modswapper because I could not get it to run on the Source Code when I had set it up a few years ago.
          I got a hankering for a Cradle game this weekend, and was able to get Timelines working on the AE 1111 build as well. I tried the non-Modswapper method and it basically blew up, but with Modswapper it works perfectly. Looks great, Hex!
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I noticed a problem with Farms (the next step up from Pasture). After you get the authorizing Tech , it shows up as a selectable option, but when you click it, the cursor never "picks it up" (i.e. green where allowed, red elsewhere) - in fact the cursor doesn't change at all, and clicking a piece of terrain doesn't start the building process.

Edit: Figured it out - you can't build them on plains, only on grasslands! Only 1 of my 10 cities had grasslands, so I just hadn't tried it there.

A question on the Noble House units. In 6 straight battles (prior to saving for the night), Sargon generated only plunder, but in the 8 since, he's only generating recruits. I assumed it would be random from battle to battle, but it almost sounds like a "switch" is set at the start of a turn. I'll see what happens as the game progresses.
            Last edited by Kull; March 28, 2013, 23:28.
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• The switch happens when you research specific techs. It switches from types of plunder units to specific types of recruits

ADVANCE_PLASMA_WEAPONRY
              ADVANCE_ADV_INFANTRY_TACTICS
              ADVANCE_ECONOMICS
              ADVANCE_TRADE_GUILDS
              ADVANCE_CHIVALRY
              ADVANCE_DARK_AGES
              ADVANCE_IRON_WORKING
              ADVANCE_BARRACKS
              ADVANCE_BRONZE_WORKING
              ADVANCE_COPPER_SMELTING
              ADVANCE_DYNASTY

BTW, check your PM...
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

The switch happens when you research specific techs. It switches from types of plunder units to specific types of recruits
                Cool mystery solved. I was guessing it was a number of turns.

Comment

• Hex--I know Cradle isn't really tested for CTP2AE, but I have been playing Timelines on it with no problem except that I seem to be missing the LkhufuA.TGA file and none of the Visible Wonders ever appear on the screen. If you cursor over the tile they looked like they were going to be built on, it says they are there but no graphics. Any idea how to fix that? Thanks,

Comment

• I do get the early game goody hut wait, which is normal.
                    animated funny picturesfunny pranks
                    funny cats

Comment

Working...
                    X