Cradle III...the download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success!!!

Everything works as it should. Actually, I suspect that the Religious Influence was working, but I may have missed it in the messagebox when I checked it yesterday. Actually, this was one that I wanted to have in the game, so I'm glad it is working.

I was able to add a bunch of half-priced tile improvement types too, as well as a size 2 starting city.

For now, I dropped gold interest from 3% to 1%.

I will probably go ahead and start testing in the next few days, but for the future, if you have anything, feel free to post them.

Free Caravans

If I could get some HP bonuses, that would be nice. It is the one that I hate to do without.

I know that the wonders that give HP bonuses do work, because the green bars in the Army manager normally extend beyond the edge when I have a HP Wonder. The bar was not there with the Feat HP bonus in play, which is why I suspect it is not working.

And some commerce/science, but a straight global percentage is all I need.

Here are the traits, as they stand now
    ==============================

- Arabian Traits are +10% Production, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, Veteran Cataphracts and Janissaries.

- Assyrian Traits are +30% Production, -1 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, and -50% PW Cost for Mine Shafts.

- Aztec Traits are +15% Production, -1 Happiness, and +5,000 Gold and +10,000 PW every 100 Turns.

- Babylonian Traits are +20% Production, and +1 Happiness.

- Byzantium Traits are +10% Production, +2 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, -50% PW Cost for Roads, and Veteran Legions.

- Carthaginian Traits are +10% Production, +4 Boat Movement, -50% PW Cost for Trading Posts, Ports, Latifundias, and Veteran Elephant Warriors, Biremes, Triremes, Heptiremes and Dromons.

- Celt Traits are +5% Production, Instant Healing after Battles, and Veteran Man At Arms.

- Egyptian Traits are +10% Production, +3 Happiness, Size 2 Cities, -50% PW Costs for Farms, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, and Veteran Chariots.

- Etruscan Traits are +10% Production, -50% PW Costs for Roads, and Veteran Praetorians.

- Greek Traits are +20% Production, +2 Boat Movement, +1% Gold Interest per Turn, Instant Healing after Battles, -50% PW Costs for Ports, and Veteran Hoplites, Pezheterois, Biremes, Triremes.

- Han Traits are +20% Production, +2 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, and -50% PW Costs for Farms.

- Harrapan Traits are +10% Production, +2 Happiness, +2 PW Interest per Turn, and +2 Religious Influence per Turn.

- Hebrew Traits are +10% Production, +1% Gold Interest per Turn, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, and +3 Happiness.

- Hexagonian Traits are +5% Production and +1 Happiness.

- Hittite Traits are +25% Production, +15% Walled City Attack and -50% PW Costs for Mines.

- Incan Traits are +10% Production, +3 Happiness, +5000 Gold and 10,000 PW every 100 Turns, and -50% PW Costs for Roads, Mines and Mine Shafts.

- Kushian Traits are +2 Happiness and Veteran Chariots.

- Macedonian Traits are +10% Production, +2 Boat Movement, and Veteran Hoplites and Pezheterois.

- Mayan Traits are +3 Happiness.

- Minoan Traits are +3 Happiness, +4 Boat Movement, +1 Gold Interest per Turn, -50% PW Costs for Trading Posts, and Veteran Biremes and Triremes.

- Mongol Traits are +10 Production, +25% Walled City Attack, -50% PW Costs for Pastures, +5000 Gold every 100 Turns and Veteran Mounted Archers, Horesemen, Raiders and Cataphracts.

- Native American Traits are +3 Happiness, Instant Healing after Battle and Veteran Mounted Archers.

- Nubian Traits are +5% Production, +1% per Turn Gold Interest per Turn and Veteran Chariots.

- Persian Traits are +15% Production, +1 Happiness, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, Size 2 Cities, and Veteran Elephant Warriors.

- Phoenician Traits are +10% Production, +2 Happiness, +4 Boat Movement, +1% per Turn Gold Interest, -50% PW Costs for Trading Posts and Ports, and Veteran Biremes, Triremes, Heptiremes, Dromons.

- Romans Traits are +20% Production, +2% Per Turn PW Interest, -50% PW Cost for Roads and Latufundias, and Veteran Legions, Praetorians.

- Shang Traits are +1 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, and Starting Size 3 Cities for 150 Turns.

- Sumerian Traits are +2 Happiness, and Starting Size 3 Cities for 150 Turns.

- Turkish Traits are +5% Production, and Veteran Janissaries and Cataphracts.

- Viking Traits are +4 Boat Movement, +1% Gold Interest per Turn, and Veteran Man At Arms.

- Yamato Traits are +20% Production, +1 Happiness, Instant Heal after Battle, and Veteran Warriors.

- Zulu Traits are +10% Production, and Instant Heal after Battle.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post

I will probably go ahead and start testing in the next few days, but for the future, if you have anything, feel free to post them.

Free Caravans

If I could get some HP bonuses, that would be nice. It is the one that I hate to do without.

I know that the wonders that give HP bonuses do work, because the green bars in the Army manager normally extend beyond the edge when I have a HP Wonder. The bar was not there with the Feat HP bonus in play, which is why I suspect it is not working.

And some commerce/science, but a straight global percentage is all I need.
      I tested the commerce, science and hp feats. The science and hp feats I didn't find any evidence they were working. The commerce feat does work, it adds gold. Sometimes it might appear it's not working as it's only added to savings, and crime is deducted from it too, but I tried it with a 100% bonus and it was working.

The hp one might be difficult/impossible in slic, as AFAIK the maximum hp for a unit is increased in the source code, and there's no way of doing that through slic, although I never tried. You could do it in a round about way with unique hp wonders for each civ, but IIRC wonders can't be destroyed and rebuilt in the same game, so that may also have problems.

A science bonus should be possible through slic though.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
        The commerce feat does work, it adds gold. Sometimes it might appear it's not working as it's only added to savings, and crime is deducted from it too, but I tried it with a 100% bonus and it was working.
        What you gave me with the interest and lump sum does the same thing, so I probably do not need a straight commerce bonus, so save your time on this one...

I'm planning to add some Dark Age-based hits to certain specific civs. I'm not going to do all of them though at this time, but I may end up focusing on the civs that have disappeared under somewhat mysterious circumstances, like the Mayan and the Minoan, and to a lesser degree some of the major ones like Rome and Egypt.

For now, I'm going to stick with happiness hits as the primary, and possibly some of the other traits you gave me (only in reverse)
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Cradle III Update

Here is an update for Cradle III. Thanks to Maq for his work on traits

CRADLE III UPDATE (07-03-09)
          Requires Cradle III (05-31-09), Official Activision CTP2 Patch and Modswapper

FIXES AND ADJUSTMENTS
          =========================
          - Watchtower tooltip picture

- Mounter Archer now bombards

- Great Library info fixes

- Removes Slavemaster Unit and Battle Slavers limited to the following units
          Great House
          Sargon/Alexander/Hannibal/Caesar/Saladin/Ghengis
          Wonder Units
          Khufu/Pacal

- Adjust AI Government Priorities

NEW FEATURES
          =========================
          - Civilization Traits for all civs, listed below...
          ...Arabian Traits are +10% Production, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, Veteran Cataphracts and Janissaries.
          ...Assyrian Traits are +30% Production, -1 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, and -50% PW Cost for Mine Shafts.
          ...Aztec Traits are +15% Production, -1 Happiness, and +5,000 Gold and +10,000 PW every 100 Turns.
          ...Babylonian Traits are +20% Production, and +1 Happiness.
          ...Byzantium Traits are +10% Production, +2 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, -50% PW Cost for Roads, and Veteran Legions, Cataphracts.
          ...Carthaginian Traits are +10% Production, +4 Boat Movement, -50% PW Cost for Trading Posts, Ports, Latifundias, and Veteran Elephant Warriors, Biremes, Triremes, Heptiremes and Dromons.
          ...Celt Traits are +5% Production, Instant Healing after Battles, and Veteran Man At Arms.
          ...Egyptian Traits are +10% Production, +3 Happiness, Size 2 Cities, -50% PW Costs for Farms, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, and Veteran Chariots.
          ...Etruscan Traits are +10% Production, -50% PW Costs for Roads, and Veteran Praetorians.
          ...Greek Traits are +20% Production, +2 Boat Movement, +1% Gold Interest per Turn, Instant Healing after Battles, -50% PW Costs for Ports, and Veteran Hoplites, Pezheterois, Biremes, Triremes.
          ...Han Traits are +20% Production, +2 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, and -50% PW Costs for Farms.
          ...Harrapan Traits are +10% Production, +2 Happiness, +2 PW Interest per Turn, and +2 Religious Influence per Turn.
          ...Hebrew Traits are +10% Production, +1% Gold Interest per Turn, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, and +3 Happiness.
          ...Hexagonian Traits are +5% Production and +1 Happiness.
          ...Hittite Traits are +25% Production, +15% Walled City Attack and -50% PW Costs for Mines.
          ...Incan Traits are +10% Production, +3 Happiness, +5000 Gold and 10,000 PW every 100 Turns, and -50% PW Costs for Roads, Mines and Mine Shafts.
          ...Kushian Traits are +2 Happiness and Veteran Chariots.
          ...Macedonian Traits are +10% Production, +2 Boat Movement, and Veteran Hoplites and Pezheterois.
          ...Mayan Traits are +3 Happiness.
          ...Minoan Traits are +3 Happiness, +4 Boat Movement, +1 Gold Interest per Turn, -50% PW Costs for Trading Posts, and Veteran Biremes and Triremes.
          ...Mongol Traits are +10 Production, +25% Walled City Attack, -50% PW Costs for Pastures, +5000 Gold every 100 Turns and Veteran Mounted Archers, Horesemen, Raiders and Cataphracts.
          ...Native American Traits are +3 Happiness, Instant Healing after Battle and Veteran Mounted Archers.
          ...Nubian Traits are +5% Production, +1% per Turn Gold Interest per Turn and Veteran Chariots.
          ...Persian Traits are +15% Production, +1 Happiness, +2 Religious Influence per Turn, Size 2 Cities, and Veteran Elephant Warriors.
          ...Phoenician Traits are +10% Production, +2 Happiness, +4 Boat Movement, +1% per Turn Gold Interest, -50% PW Costs for Trading Posts and Ports, and Veteran Biremes, Triremes, Heptiremes, Dromons.
          ...Romans Traits are +20% Production, +2% Per Turn PW Interest, -50% PW Cost for Roads and Latufundias, and Veteran Legions, Praetorians.
          ...Shang Traits are +1 Happiness, +15% Walled City Attack, and Starting Size 3 Cities for 150 Turns.
          ...Sumerian Traits are +2 Happiness, and Starting Size 3 Cities for 150 Turns.
          ...Turkish Traits are +5% Production, and Veteran Janissaries and Cataphracts.
          ...Viking Traits are +4 Boat Movement, +1% Gold Interest per Turn, and Veteran Man At Arms, Raiders.
          ...Yamato Traits are +20% Production, +1 Happiness, Instant Heal after Battle, and Veteran Warriors.
          ...Zulu Traits are +10% Production, Instant Heal after Battle, and Veteran Warriors.
          The goal was not to have balanced traits from civ to civ, but to allow the player the chance to have greater control over gameplay difficulty, similar to EU2...if you want to play a tougher game, pick a civ with weak traits

- Civilization Golden Ages for all civs, roughly based on their historical apex.

- Dark Ages for some civs
          Although all civs have had some sort of Dark Ages, I have only included Dark Ages for some of the civs. You will have to play the game to discover which ones...

- Three Playing Options
          ...Default
          ...Government-Specific Units
          ...Fast Advances

Located here...
          http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/down...p?do=cat&id=12

Comment

Remove slavemasters?! There goes my strategy. Anyways, it looks good!
            "

Comment

Looks great hex
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Stuff to add for the next revision...

- Etruscan message for Traits and Golden Ages...Traits/Golden Age work but the messages were not firing (fixed)

- NEW...Stone Road Tile improvement (added)

- Make Warriors attack more powerful (done)

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post

- NEW...Stone Road Tile improvement (added)
                  How will you add this hex? IIRC you can't add anymore road tile imps, you would have to replace another one. I guess you're replacing railroads or maglevs?

Comment

Graphics: I color-desaturated the Maglevs in the tile file so it looks gray instead of blue...and dropped the support brace. If someone wants to use my tile file, the set of tiles can work for either type of improvement.

I added the Stone Road as a separate tile improvement entry, reduced the Road movement to double instead of triple, and made Stone Road triple movement, same as the original Roads. Added a small commerce bonus too...

I did have the idea to try replacing the artwork used for the Maglevs with the artwork for Undersea Tunnels, but when it appeared on the map, it was not using the entire set of Undersea Tunnel when I ran a string of Maglevs on the map.

And since Cradle does not deal with future techs, I dropped Maglevs as a build option.

Comment

I'm starting a game with the AE edition. I'll tell you how it goes.
                      "

Comment

How will you add this hex? IIRC you can't add anymore road tile imps, you would have to replace another one. I guess you're replacing railroads or maglevs?
                        If you use the Apolyton Edition you can add more.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                          If you use the Apolyton Edition you can add more.

-Martin
                          Yes I remember that fix but never tried it myself. Another reason for hex to join us though.

Does the fix allow you to obsolete one road and enable another? Because there is only room for 3 road tile imps on the interface right? Or did E finish implementing a scroll bar on the tile imp control panel?

Comment

Before I head off tomorrow for vacation, I'll post the status of my current game. Feedback is welcome!

First...all of the changes I make to Cradle are an effort to continually create new approaches to playing the game. I try to force a player to revisit his preferred strategies and then alter them. Overall, it makes for a more dynamic game when you have to rethink things too.

Civ: Etruscans
                            14 civs
                            Very Hard
                            Gigantic map

Currently at t176

Status
                            14 cities
                            I just switched into City State last turn, although I do not have access to Hoplites yet. I needed the city cap more.

- Reducing the movement cost of roads makes for a more interesting game in that my military cannot move as quickly to cover fronts. I'm now buying more Chariots to gain any movement advantage I can get.

- Limiting Battle slavers means that slaving now has to be done primarily by Slavers, something that I never did in the past because Slavemasters were more lucrative. Normal slaving costs gold, and I cannot generate slaves in every battle anymore. (EPW... ) Great House leaders are now more important to get because of their battle slaving ability. Normally with better road movement, those units can move to hot fronts quickly...now they are more limited, so the end result is that I generate less slaves overall.

- I planted a city in a strategic area between me and the Greeks and had 6 units in it to defend. It was not enough...a few turns later, the Greeks were able to march in with a full stack and they took the city - since it was size 1, it was destroyed. Lesson learned...I rebuilt with a full stack.

- Something to consider adding to the game - a small gold cost to attack...

1. The Egyptians are running first...
                            They have a double benefit...they are one of the most powerful civs in the game, based on traits, and they also get an early game Golden Age so seeing them parlay that advantage into the lead is nice.

And look at the Religious Influence points...over 1600! They also get +2 per turn because of their trait, so they will have a decent shot at Religious victory. My guess is that because of their early power, they have been able to found several Religions.

They also have a foothold in Greek lands - at least one of their cities is a former Greek city. And it looks like they are in Oligarchy too... I've seen an Elephant Warrior.

I had to RB Olympics because I did not want them to get a further advantage. I hate to RB too...Gold is more important for upgrade costs.

2. The Arabians are also able to generate a good score on the Religious Influence graph... and they also generate points because of their traits...so it seems that the AI is able to put a little more pressure on the player in that aspect of the game. I expect to see them overtake the Kushians, though not the Egyptians.

3. The Assyrians are starting to assert themselves... They were running last but are now tracking upward...another powerful (trait) civ who has yet to experience their Golden Age.

Overall, IMO, Cradle continues to evolve into a more immersive game. The fact that I can continue to add features (and thanks to the community - I am looking forward to getting Cradle to work through AE) and alter the game makes it my game of choice. Amazing...since the game is 9 years old.

So...any thoughts???
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by hexagonian; July 13, 2009, 21:09.

Comment

Does the fix allow you to obsolete one road and enable another? Because there is only room for 3 road tile imps on the interface right? Or did E finish implementing a scroll bar on the tile imp control panel?
                              Well, you can obsolete them like any other tile improvement, but you cannot use the slot on the button bank for another tile improvement, so it is a little bit awkward. But if you you other buttons free it shouldn't be a problem.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

1. The Egyptians are running first...
                                No one can compete with these guys in my sims with the AE edition. Maybe you should get rid of the production bonus.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X