No announcement yet.

Cradle III...the download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the traits above I mentioned except the free building or wonder one. You'll have to tell me which building or wonder, since none are guaranteed to be available to a civ (either at game start or later) I didn't know which to use. So some ideas are needed on how to use that one. Also any other ideas I'll try to do them.

I wrote these quickly and you'll have to do the testing, so expect a syntax error or five.
    Attached Files
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I probably will not use the Wonders/Buildings. There is a good range here now

New data entered...Syntax errors starting on line 11 and beyond.

I'm still not sure what to look for regarding the bracketing...
      Attached Files
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

The error on line 11 was a minus sign instead of an equals. I put all the auto-veterans code into one handler, this way the code will only run once every time a unit is created.

Spotting bracket errors is a lot easier if the code has good, consistent indentation. You should find a close bracket on any line directly below the beginning of the line with the open bracket, showing that it's specifically closing that statement. For example:

Code:
        1 elseif (PlayerCivilization(tmpPlayer)==CivilizationIndex("YAMATO")) {
        2 	if (g.year > 4 && g.year < 800) {
        3 		applyBonus = 1;
        4 	}
        5 }
        The close bracket on line 4 closes the if, and the one on line 5 closes the elseif.

Rounded bracket errors are harder to see because they get open and closed on the same line, like this:

elseif (unitType == UnitDB(UNIT_HOPLITE))) {

There is an extra rounded close bracket after hoplite. I fixed those I saw anyway.
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Thanks Maq...there were a few missing brackets and parenthesis, but with your tips I was able to track them down, so the code is not crashing.

I tested the effects, and it appears that they work except the added pop in a new city. I tried both options and neither one worked.
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Some further checking...

The lump sum effect is not working either. I played 100+ turns with the Incan and was supposed to get the 10,000 lump sum on t100. It did not come, and I even went a few turns past to make sure.

Some other observations...

Since I am using the Feats as the basis, I decided to test the effects of those too. Production works as advertised (checking the Empire manager confirms that I am getting the bonus), but for some reason, the commerce and the science bonus is not showing up anywhere. Those numbers stay the same before and after the Feat kicks in.

Boat movement works...now how do I prove HP is too?

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post

I tested the effects, and it appears that they work except the added pop in a new city. I tried both options and neither one worked.
              I can get the extra pop added but it disappears when the turn ends, I think it's related to the build manager opening when a new city is created. This one will need a workaround anyway. I think it can be done somehow, but it won't be as clean to use.

The lump sum effect is not working either. I played 100+ turns with the Incan and was supposed to get the 10,000 lump sum on t100. It did not come, and I even went a few turns past to make sure.
              I made a silly mistake in it, but I fixed it now. I also made sure all the other traits are working. I've made some small changes and I'll send the same slic file once finished with the city pop one hopefully fixed, so you might want to hold off on filling them out for now.

Since I am using the Feats as the basis, I decided to test the effects of those too. Production works as advertised (checking the Empire manager confirms that I am getting the bonus), but for some reason, the commerce and the science bonus is not showing up anywhere. Those numbers stay the same before and after the Feat kicks in.
              Perhaps they're being added afterwards (either straight to treasury for "commerce" and straight to current research for science) but not shown in the empire manager?

Boat movement works...now how do I prove HP is too?
              You (or I) could create some slic to send a message with the current hitpoints of a unit before, during and after the feat.

Comment

Here is one more trait to add...
                Ongoing Religious Influence (your Culture SLIC) points added each turn.

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                Perhaps they're being added afterwards (either straight to treasury for "commerce" and straight to current research for science) but not shown in the empire manager?
                I checked the number before the Feat kicked in and several turns after, and the numbers do not change. It should be showing up in the National or the City Manager at some point...I'm wondering if the effect never worked in the first place.

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                You (or I) could create some slic to send a message with the current hitpoints of a unit before, during and after the feat.
                I'm going to do some further testing on this, but the message is a separate effect. A message may fire properly even if the code is actually not giving the benefit intended. I know I can test movement, because all I have to do is move a unit. HPs are something that do not show up on any ingame stats.

If I cannot prove that the HP effect is working I will assume that it is. However, the Commerce and Science are a different issue...if I can't prove they are working, I will need to alter the traits for certain civs because those are major ones.

I think I know how to test science though.

Comment

It looks like science is not working... after I got the Feat, there was no change in the turns needed to reach the advance I chose. I had a 30% bonus on a 45 turn advance, which would have knocked about 13 turns off. It did not, and just to make sure, I kept it up a few turns.

Checking the HP also has not given an indication that the HP bonus works either. A battle between two spears on Swamp (+25 defender bonus)... My spear had over double the HP of the enemy. He attacked me...I barely survived, even with all the bonuses working in my favor.

Comment

And here is the current SLIC file that you sent me, since it is working without any crashes. If you make any additions, this would save some bug squashing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

If those feats are broken then I'll have to check them anyway to see if they work with the AE. They will need fixing if they're broke.

I added the extra culture trait, and a public works interest and lump sum trait since they were easy to add. You can easily out-comment them if unused.

The extra city pop one is going to be tricky. I'll see how it can be done best and post what I've got tomorrow.

Comment

I added the new stuff to the last file you uploaded. I put in a workaround for the extra pop trait. When a new city is built and you have this trait active the build manager won't pop-up for the new city. You can open it normally any time afterwards. I had to do this to prevent the added pop from disappearing.

By the way I think the gold lump trait may not have been working for you because you spelt "Phonecians" wrong. Always use debugslic=yes for testing. I tested all the traits working anyway.

I also changed line 334 in CRASL_mapwonders.slc so it runs with debugslic=yes, and probably fixes a slic error later down the line.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well, its getting closer...

WORKING
                          - Size 3 cities now work
                          - Lump sum gold now works

Still not adding bonuses though
                          - Lump Sum PW
                          - Culture Bonus

Pretty sure not adding bonuses (and if these do not work, it's no big deal because the lump bonuses do the same type of thing)
                          - PW Interest
                          - Treasury Interest

There is a note in the SLIC to move the Culture Bonus into the Culture functions SLIC. Removing it and moving that section of the code creates SLIC syntax errors. I attached Culture SLIC files as well (currently working)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well, its getting closer...

WORKING
                            - Size 3 cities now work
                            - Lump sum gold now works

Still not adding bonuses though
                            - Lump Sum PW
                            - Culture Bonus

Pretty sure not adding bonuses (and if these do not work, it's no big deal because the lump bonuses do the same type of thing)
                            - PW Interest
                            - Treasury Interest

There is a note in the SLIC to move the Culture Bonus into the Culture functions SLIC. Removing it and moving that section of the code creates SLIC syntax errors. I attached Culture SLIC files as well (currently working)
                            You spelt Harappan wrong twice. Also adding the 3% interest code wasn't right so I fixed both. All traits from "CRAVariousTraits" are tested working again. I didn't test the others as they were working before.

The note about the culture trait, just means including CRASLC_traits2.slc after CRASLC_culture_funcs.slc, because the culture trait uses a function from the culture stuff. So you don't need to move anything from CRASLC_traits2.slc, just make sure it's included below the culture stuff in script.slc. I have it included at the bottom.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all your work on this...I will be testing this later today.

Everything else I want to do for my revisions hinges on this file. As it stands, I have to revise all of my traits because of the commerce/science feats not working. What you have given me is a good mix of cool traits.

Harappan mispelling...D'oh, I missed that. I'm surprised it didn't crash the file...

Comment

Thanks for all your work on this...I will be testing this later today.

Everything else I want to do for my revisions hinges on this file. As it stands, I have to revise all of my traits because of the commerce/science feats not working. What you have given me is a good mix of cool traits.

Harappan mispelling...D'oh, I missed that. I'm surprised it didn't crash the file...
                                I'm gonna try and test the science and commerce feats later today, just to make sure. If they don't work there may still be a way to implement them through slic somehow.

If you want any other traits in there just ask, they're easy to do. I was thinking about something involving trade, like free caravans every few turns or something. And one involving food somehow, like cheap pastures and farms.

On the misspelling, if you have debugslic=yes it will drop to desktop telling you a civ is invalid, then you just have to find out which one.

Comment

Working...
                                X