No announcement yet.

Let's try this again: Ok, so I finally got BtS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So once I upgrade from 3.17 to 3.19 I can take the BTS CD out of my drive?

Sweet.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn View Post
      So once I upgrade from 3.17 to 3.19 I can take the BTS CD out of my drive?

Sweet.
      That's exactly what I did.

Comment

It appears to me that spreading it to a vassal is either the same cost or slightly higher than spreading it to your own cities. This is BTS 3.17 w Better AI 0.75 [which includes the unofficial patch]

But if cost of spreading it is an issue, you can often just spread it to a hammer productive city belonging to an AI with spare cash and they'll build more themselves.

I usually don't spread them to the AI either but that's because I generally don't want the AI benefiting from them and competing for the same surplus resources for corporations.
        But in my current game I only managed to found 1 religion being beat out by two players by 1/2 a turn to Divine Right and my capitulated vassal (Isabella) won't stay out of Theology long to spread my religion to her. And right before the war started after I had spread Sushi's and Mining Inc to all my cities I got a quest to spread Mining to eight additional cities. So after spreading them to the city I kept from the war (Ice city on island but contained Crabs & Oil within city raidus and Silver just outside) I built 7 more Mining Executives to spread enough to her to complete the quest. [If she wants any more though she'll have to build them herself.]
        Isabella is so far behind in techs she's not a threat to even build any world wonder / project I'm interested in, let alone the space race. In fact if the Arabs ever switch out of Theology I'll grant Isabella Mass Media (and all prereqs to it.) The Arabs are now the only civ without any AP religion cities.
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

joncnunn, I like the joke about the AI waiting 1 200 000 milliseconds. The best part is that this is 20 minutes, which is quite some time to wait even for a human.

Comment

Yes, I picked 20 minutes on purpose because on turns in which I go thru all my cities in the Renance & Industrial eras it often takes that long.
            Templar Science Minister

Comment

Just want to say 3.19 rocks! Now back to trying to win as the Khmer (never had so many truly lousy starts in a row...)

Thanks for the tips!
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
              X