PolyCast Episode 69: "Target Practice"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 69: "Target Practice"

Aim for the bullseye. The sixty-ninth episode of PolyCast is now netcasting. "Target Practice" features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua and Imran Siddiqui and Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney with returning guest co-host Jon "CanuckSoldier" Ryder and first-time guest co-host Stewart "MMC" Rice.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. A nominee in the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories of the 2008 Podcast Awards, sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 02m35s | Senate
    When and when not to attack directly from a transport in Civilization IV, how do you deal with barbarians, and how bad is settling a city one tile from the coast.
    - 13m34s | Research Lab
    A proposal for both a professionaly army and black market in the Civ series, and aqueduct roads and related potential impact on desert terrain.
    - 27m24s | Forum Talk
    The cause for running the Theocracy and Vassalage civics together, why one player in particular has decided to quit playing CivIV, and looking back at what one anticipated their favourite Beyond the Sword feature to be... and what it is in retrospect.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Who apparently has too much time on their hands, wandering minds, who can't believe they were invited back and face-palming.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. A nominee in the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories of the 2008 Podcast Awards, sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I wonder if any of my "special comments" got included in the cut

I'll have to listen to this one!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Can you keep all of these news items to one thread, or submit them as news items to an editor? I don't appreciate the spam in an on topic forum tbh.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

First off, a correction. In this episode I said Civil Service was the technology that permits unchained irrigation, when in fact it is Biology. Not only did I miss this, but so did my fellow co-hosts. (Thanks to ruff_hi over at CFC for pointing this out.)

Originally posted by Krill View Post
          Can you keep all of these news items to one thread, or submit them as news items to an editor? I don't appreciate the spam in an on topic forum tbh.
          This is not spam. Each episode is CivIV-based, and this is the CivIV forum on Apolyton: therefore, it is on-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            I wonder if any of my "special comments" got included in the cut
            Maybe.

I'll have to listen to this one!
            And break your streak?

Comment

nm
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
              X