surplus resources or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surplus resources or not?

Am I correct in assuming the only things that of mine I can trade as far as resources are my surplus ones?

Example I cannot trade away my "only" one of something can I?

Sure you can trade your sole resource away!
    Of course, then you wouldn't have it for your own benefit (other than what you get for it in trade).

Comment

I've traded singe health resources before for happy resources and the other way around in the early game when one need is greater than the other. I was also able to trade a copper for elephants once. Even though I only had a single copper, I had iron... and I thought the elephants were more important
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

how many of you guys play for domination rather than conquest?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mick View Post
          Am I correct in assuming the only things that of mine I can trade as far as resources are my surplus ones?

Example I cannot trade away my "only" one of something can I?
          As well as trading happy for health (or vice versa) that Ming mentioned, you can also benefit from trading a resource without a multiplier for one with. For example fish for rice can give you a benefit if you don't have a harbour. And even a straight swap gives you a +ve with your trading partner.

RJM
          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Well most of the time I'm playing MP, so that doesn't necessarily come into play.
            In sp the only time I play conquest is when I'm doing an OCC.
            Otherwise it's domination because by the time you get to that point, you've probably already won for all practical purposes.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Actually, when going down a conquest/domination path I've almost always won a conquest-induced Diplomatic Victory instead. Mostly UN, but once the AP right before it expired.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

im an expansionist so i look to build my empire big while having good defenses, once solidified will i look to induce a war or if some stupid rival tries to build on my land then its on lol.

Comment

Brandon sounds like a moderate. A true war mongler gets offended when a rival builds a city on the same planet as him.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn View Post
                    Brandon sounds like a moderate. A true war mongler gets offended when a rival builds a city on the same planet as him.
                    im an expansionist first and foremost, playing sp i play with custom continents sometimes your own and sometimes not, 6-8 civs no more no less. i want a challenge and i cant get my mp options to work at this time, maybe i need to get the bts exp pack then we'll c muwahahahaha. i want a challenge so i give the ai there own space enough like me and ill use the wb to change all desert and tundra into plains for more room, then during the game well have our little wars maybe big ones but ill b solidifying my continent and building defenses wall and everything modern units outter cities and build city improvs protect when necessary then if i get much more advanced or get to modern its time to mobilize and destroy but it is always easier to have an ally so if my rivals are actually strong ill get my nearest rival to become my ally or next nearest then yes "THERE WILL BE BLOOD!!!", lol.

Comment

or i will just drop a nuke on ur a$$, look six to eight inches to your left!
                      BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Comment

Well, someone got excited.

Comment

I, too, have traded my only copper once I have iron. The AI will give up a lot for that.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yeah, me too, but usually not till I finish the colosus.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Yeah, me too, but usually not till I finish the colosus.
                              the colossus is pointless, it dont last long maybe on marathon mode, the pyramids, parthenon, great library id take over the colossus, in the beggining i dont have many coastal cities so the colossus would do me little good, to each his own though.

Comment

Working...
                              X