Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buh Bye Newcastle. You deserve it for being a crap team with no direction, so thank you for finally obliging us

Same for Middlesbrough.

Yay, Stoke
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Yay Hull.

Let's see if they can go for the Premiership record of most consecutive games without a win. Currently on 11.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I wonder where Owen will go. Still think he can be a decent goal-hanger in a team that actually creates chances.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

His injury problems might well influence potential employers.

I think we deserved to go down. Unfortunately, so did Hull and only one of us could. In fact, with Phil Brown's godawful singing show then they should be put into League 2, and their parachute money be given to Darlo to keep them going.

We'll be back in the top division soon though. About 24 hours after West Ham go bust and are kicked out of the league...

Comment

Is the "AIG" on Man. U.'s jersey the same AIG that sucks here?

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
              Is the "AIG" on Man. U.'s jersey the same AIG that sucks here?

ACK!
              Yes.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

ManU goes down like AIG.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Jawohl barça. A well deserved win, and a top performance by Messi on top of that to sweeten the deal. Suck it you Brits
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

My faith in the beautiful game is now restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                      Jawohl barça. A well deserved win, and a top performance by Messi on top of that to sweeten the deal. Suck it you Brits
                      The vast majority of British football fans were 100% behind Barça this evening, and are absolutely delighted now. I (we)'d hate the Scum a lot less if the players didn't whinge so much, and the fans weren't so incredibly arrogant, gloryseeking *******s. The rest of British football (except Chelsea) have the right to laugh at Man City for having received a hatload of cash through wealthy owners and failed (in their first season), but the Scum can't laugh at that, given the vast amount of cash they make from poor Asian countries each year, and the massive debt their new owners have saddled them with.
                      I'd love to see City teach their neighbours a lesson next season: like Barça, but for an entire season.

Comment

FFS?

ManU were not awful.

They were merely not in Barcas' league.

Barca did deserve to win it. I just wish it was a highscoring draw then Barca wopuld win in in ET.

As to players whinging...I don't really care.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

the massive debt their new owners have saddled them with.

ManU's new owners have been great for the club. Even with today's loss, ManU has exceeded all expectations since the Glazer's took over.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                            Suck it you Brits
                            You are ****ing clueless. Most of us despise Yanited.

Barca were fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
                              Yay, Stoke
                              I watched them play my lot last sunday. I know they didn't care, but if they'd defended for the whole game like the had for the first 20 mins they could have conceded 10. Not that it mattered, of course, the Stoke fans were celebrating their survival the whole game.

As for those who did get relegated, too bad Phil Orange didn't go down with the barcodes. I was chatting to a Boro fan last night, and it seems they're all pretty much behind Southgate and Gibson. They had to cut costs this year after heavy spending in the past, but I admire clubs that decide to invest in youth, as Boro are now doing, rather than lashing out on top players all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X