No announcement yet.

What type of victory should I try next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of victory should I try next?

I've been doing pretty well winning on Warlord getting domination victories while using different Civs. Today I just bought Beyond the Sword. I want to try a different type of victory this time. Is diplomatic a hard win? how about culture? I want to try a game without starting a war this time.

Thanks.

I find I develop my civ (random) and the victory presents itself. I generally aim to be the biggest but sometimes things set up for something other than domination or diplomatic victory (diplomatic often occurs when going for domination as all my vassals vote for me, of course ).

I have done one game without a war, as Chinese sharing a landmass with Rome (2/3 mine and a big army). An extremely close spaceship victory was the result but only through judicious use of spies to slow down the closest opponent.

Cultural is good if you can get access to a number of religions and build the temples and cathedrals in the three main cities.

So I'd say try cultural and learn to use religions.
    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

The espionage will definitely be a learning curve for me as well. I used to just keep building everything up and eventually winning a space race, I now find that victory boring.

Comment

Culture Victory is very very different. Be sure and read up on tips how to go about it. There are threads you can find.

Comment

A thread I recommend is AI Cultural Victories are EVIL. It's what I used as an introduction to my first cultural V.

Comment

Working...
          X