Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Slovenian revolution ... was it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Slovenian revolution ... was it worth it?

It was a **** country before the revolution, it is still a **** country after the revolution, and yet it is even less relevant today then when it was part of Yugoslavia. What is worse is the bastards caused a series of civil wars in Yugoslavia. Please discuss.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

The entire Balkans and Anatolia belong to teh Byzantine Empire.

Comment

The last time Slovenia was part of a country which was worth a damn the map looked like this:

Comment

it's NATO's fault
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

WTF Oerdin? Slovenia is awesome... yeah, I'd hate to live in a county that has $29,000 GDP per capita and has a beautiful countryside and nice cities.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nah, Oerdin are just trying to hush up the fact that Cal. Gov. are on the brink of revolting against its moronic population
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Then he should have picked an actual ****ty city .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                WTF Oerdin? Slovenia is awesome... yeah, I'd hate to live in a county that has $29,000 GDP per capita and has a beautiful countryside and nice cities.

+1

We went from former commies (you know the guys who left the rest of Eastern Europe a ****hole) to a developed economy without giving up universal healthcare. Also more than 50% of Slovenia is forest, we actually take care of our environment.

25. France
                26. Germany
                27. Slovenia
                28. Malta
                29. United Kingdom
                30. South Korea

Unless we adopt a Spartan-like society and conquer all of Europe 2 million people are never going to matter on a global scale no matter which country they are part of.

Actually it may be possible that the average Slovenian has a greater effect on the world than the average American living in non-swing states (due to the electoral system and the fact that smaller countries are over-represented in the EU)

Sure maybe we screwed over the rest of the Yugoslavs, but we weren't going to take orders from Belgrade that where dooming the federal economy and goverment.
                Last edited by Heraclitus; May 25, 2009, 10:37.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Blackcat is still brain damaged. It is good to see some things never change.

Comment

Your flag still uses our colours, buddy. Do not think we have forgotten about you. Don't you think Russia deserves some Alps and warm Mediterranean? It's easier to annex you than to get a Slovenian visa, honestly.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                      +1
                      28. Malta Malta
                      So good they named it twice?
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                        +1

Sure maybe we screwed over the rest of the Yugoslavs, but we weren't going to take orders from Belgrade that where dooming the federal economy and goverment.
                        If someone other than Slobodan Milosevic, someone more solicitous of non-Serbian participation had been elected President of Serbia could the breakup of Yugoslavia have been prevented?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          The last time Slovenia was part of a country which was worth a damn the map looked like this:

You see the Austro-Hungarian empire as worth a damn?

The Austro-Hungarian Empire was even more pathetic than the Ottoman Empire.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Oerdin, WTF?
                            Slovenia is about the only former communist country that really managed to restructre its economy becoming fully competitive. Of course, that's because the Yugoslav economy was never Moscow-oriented, knew more private initiative and competition, and Slovenia was the stronghorse in that economy anyway...
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I know (remember I was stationed in the former Yugoslavia for a year), but I needed to get back at him for the American revolution thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X