Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Greenlights Fantasy Television Pilot for George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Greenlights Fantasy Television Pilot for George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones

Not new, but exciting.

HBO Greenlights Fantasy Television Pilot for George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones

In a brilliant stroke of casting, Peter Dinklage will play "The Imp", Tyrion Lannister.

And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

I bought the book and then started grad school, haven't had time to read it... guess I'll never have to
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I wish I had a name like "Dinklage"
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Always thought of Tyrion being fatter... need to bulk up that belly Dinklage!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          I wish I had a name like "Dinklage"
          Even better, its "Peter" Dinklage.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Comment

And yet another loser of a TV program/movie to be prostituted from a decent fantasy novel.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Uh.. you have heard of HBO, right? You know, the people that brought you Deadwood and the Sopranos, etc?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Name me a single TV program or movie from a fantasy novel (sword and sorcery types not Harry Potter) that isnt a POS. Dont bother with LOTR, I could barely watch that travesty.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

? LOTR was really, really good.

Dinklage is a great actor. Never heard of the book before, but I'll keep an eye out for this.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      ? LOTR was really, really good.

Dinklage is a great actor. Never heard of the book before, but I'll keep an eye out for this.
                      True that. He was terrific in the short-lived network series Threshold.
                      The book is actually book 1 from the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series.

Comment

Wait, does anyone know when it will start airing?

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                          Name me a single TV program or movie from a fantasy novel (sword and sorcery types not Harry Potter) that isnt a POS. Dont bother with LOTR, I could barely watch that travesty.
                          So if hasn't been good before never try? I can see that people come to you for innovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            ? LOTR was really, really good..
                            Not for me. There were too many pointless changes from the book and I think their portrayal of Frodo was an abomination.

I'm not sure he's great, but he certainly is good.

The book series is very worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              So if hasn't been good before never try? I can see that people come to you for innovation.
                              OK I was a bit negative. I'm still traumatized from watching Conan The Barbarian 27 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X