BtS load problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS load problems

The story: I had a problem opening a PBEM file and couldn't MP with my buddies, so I wound up un/re-installing Civ4 (vanilla-BtS). Now for some reason I get weird text scripts like TXT_SAVE_GAME or some such where the line "save game" should be. IT was irritating but didn't affect my game until the most recent game... it won't let me switch civics/religions except in a pop up screen. Seeing as I have a (so far) winning emperor game going, I'd like to finish it & switch a few civics at the same time. Anyone have any ideas? I tried un/re-installing BtS by itself a 2nd time but got the same result.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Are you on the same patch version of BTS as the player you got the PBEM file from?
    Do any of the previous players have mods installed (including an unofficial patch) that you don't?
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I'm having problems with SP now.

Right now I'm reloading vanilla thru BtS again and hoping I downloaded a bad 3.17 patch (I uninstalled the 1st patch by mistake). I deleted the downloaded patch and got it from FileShack this time.
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

FIgured it out- for some reason when loading Warlords & BtS it didn't update vanilla to 1.74. Apparently BtS didn't like that.

Comment

That's interesting. I didn't think it would matter.

Comment

Working...
          X