Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostOfDisco View Post
    The second file is corrupted...
    Only the title gif. I could open the units.gif without problems.

Comment

I download it and it goes, maybe shalt you download a new version from winrar

klick to part1 and unpack "blood & steel v2"
      Last edited by barthi; August 3, 2009, 02:56.
      Now see me in the civforum Barthi - German Forum

Comment

Well yes, part 1 downloads just fine. I can't seem to download part 2, though...
        The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
        2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

Blood and Steel Version 2

Downlaod
          Now see me in the civforum Barthi - German Forum

Comment

DAROAE update/modification

Here is an update/modification of DAROAE.

I managed to replace nearly all the graphics with appropriate creations by Gareth and Timoleon. I was a little uncreative with the multiple crossbow units in the scenario, I simply changed clothing color and helmets. And I wasn't able to find a replacement for he Byzantine hand-gunner unit (bottom-left), so I ended up making it a Naptha thrower type auxiliary.

I also updated the other graphics files (cities, icons, etc). The various civs now have heraldic flags that also correspond with the unit shields.

Almost all the changes are purely aesthetic. I cleaned up the various text of spelling errors and I also changed a few names of units and advancements to be more descriptive. So it's not too drastic for the purists. I edited the events to correspond with the unit name changes.

Gameplay wise, nothing is changed except for one thing, I placed the submarine flag on the last warship of the naval tech tree. I figured this may have been an oversight since every other galley ship in the game has that flag.

Oh, and I also added some unit sounds that mostly originate from Exile's scenarios. I was never able to find the original sound files for this scenario, if they even existed.

Download link:
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Good scenario mod and also some very good unit mods. I really like the Naptha thrower! I tried to do a similar mod for this scenario a while ago but stalled due to a lack of suitable units. I have uploaded your modified files to the DAROE page at the SL Site: Death and Resurrection of an Empire mod
              Last edited by McMonkey; September 24, 2009, 15:04.
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
              SL INFORMATION THREAD
              CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Thanks McMonkey!

Comment

Justinian the Great update

Here is a 'Justinian the Great' update I put together for MGE:

I know there is a ToT graphic update by Fairline out there but I decided to convert those graphics for the MGE version. All graphics files have been updated. I was actually able to fit the ToT units in the MGE slots with ease and without having to shrink them, though I did have to leave out the decorative helmet plums for the leaders in order to squeeze them in.

I did some slight modification to the scenario. A few units with identical names were given unique names in order to clear up confusion. Events file was changed correspondingly. I also took the initiative to rewrite awkward sentences and correct spelling mistakes in the events file. Other then that, there are no gameplay changes.

Enjoy:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hogetzqzaiy/Justinian.zip

Comment

Hello Riesstiu IV,
                    I have adapted also to these scenarios with Fairline's units and others graphics. Your adjustments are very nice and the work might facilitate to you the use of the changes realized in the graphs for my.
                    On not having had very clearly where to send them and as the first time so I created for mistake a new reply called 'gapetit', I decided to take advantage of it to send there what I do.
                    I hope that it serves you and hope that you continue with your magnificent adjustments,
                    Saludos,
                    Petit

Comment

• Thank you, Gapetit. Your scenario modifications are excellent as well. It's always nice polish up the classics.

Comment

• I recently made a graphics update for Jim Panse's "The Great War: Highway to Hell."
                        The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
                        2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• It's very nice GhostOfDisco.
                          Saludos

Comment

• I believe that it is important that the whole world encourages to modify and create new units...
                            There are programs as the Paint that they are very useful, because if you need to put a shield, selecting color, prickles with the right button of the mouse and it will stay as color of fund and you will be able to turn it in transparently. A free program and much more complex it is the GIMP, which allows to give perspective and other many applications for what I encourage to which if someone is an expert in his managing his use explains us. I also use the ready Presto! Image folio to repaint... I pass the images to grey and gives him the format of civ-2 and paint... I do not be if this can be done by the GIMP or with another program that it is free. ¿?
                            Saludos,
                            Petit

Comment

• GIMP is probably the best free paint application around Gapetit; I use it myself for editing .dds format skins. If you're prepared to spend a small amount of cash you can pick up bargain-price older versions of Paintshop Pro. I have PSP v7 and v8 which I picked up for £5 or £10.
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Thanks Fairline. The information is very useful.
                                In my case I do not need any more, if it is not free use.
                                Yesterday one forgot to comment to me that on having turned units to mge, there are two colors with which it is necessary to have care: red the the clearest and the the darkest. The first one is transparent and the second one goes on to a purplish tone. I recommend that both should be eliminated.
                                Saludos,
                                Petit

Comment

Working...
                                X