• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don´t know if the people have it...
    Units adapt for red front mge-fw:

De nuevo saludos
    Petit

Comment

Good stuff gapetit At some point I will go through all of your mods and upload them to the Scenario League, either as an optional extra on the existing scenario page or if there is no page for the scenario I will create one. Of course I will leave the original graphics in place. If we make any mods that go further than just the graphics I think a new page should be created for the scenario which explains what has been updated and why.
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Very well McMonkey,
        Saludos,
        Petit

Comment

There are many classic scenarios kicking around that could really be brought to life with ToT.

I recently updated Exile's great Imperialism 1870 with graphics, but I ended up going the
          whole hog and maxing out the rules and units file with tech running up to a 1939 level!

I also messed around with the rules layout and events, and even added a batch file.

This of course is the extreme end of upgrading! Some scenarios might only need a GFX
          mod to bring them up to date, and of naturally they would have to be CIV-converted.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's the sort of thing I was thinking of CS. Minor graphics mods can be added to the scenarios existing page on the SLeague Wiki whilst major modifications or ToT conversions can have new pages.

If anyone has one of the above mods or graphics updates please let me know and I will be happy to upload it to the SLeague Wiki or build a new page for it. Alternatively feel free to upload it yourself if you know how to.
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I know the Bonaparte scenario could benefit from ToT's extra unit slots (am I the only one annoyed to see, say, French and British units belonging to the "Independant" barbs?)

Originally posted by Chris 62 View Post
              Here is an update of units I did for the WWI era second reich scenario:

I saw that and decided to improve it (the Italian cavalry and Hungarian infantry are probably inaccurate, and I couldn't find a fairline-quality railroad gun besides the Nazi WW2 one, but still...)
              Attached Files
              The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
              2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

GhostOfDisco your adaptation of fairline's units are perfect... It´s very well.

I modified the original scenario of John Ellis about Bonapart (of 1998), that after he did better: boney, and Fairline put his wonderful units...
                With my modified (scenario, rules, evens), graphics (of Fairline), cities (of Curt Sibling), etc., the scenario is diferent, and for me fun... If John Ellis is not opposed I would like to send it.
                Saludos,
                Petit
                Attached Files

Comment

@GhostOfDisco: Those updates of the units look awesome!

@gapetit: Lovely work with that Boneparte redux!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sometimes the wait is not my fort, excuse me Ellis.
                    I hope that it redux entertains you like to me.
                    Saludos,
                    Petit
                    I do not include the sounds.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great stuff guys. When I get some spare time I will start adding the graphics mods to the SL Site and building new pages for the ToT conversions and major mods. I have some holiday coming up so I should be able to do some work, hopefully in the garden with a beer if the good weather continues.
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfDisco View Post
                        I know the Bonaparte scenario could benefit from ToT's extra unit slots (am I the only one annoyed to see, say, French and British units belonging to the "Independant" barbs?)
                        There's already a ToT conversion by Catfish which I have gfx for.
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
                          I have been wondering how many of us would be interested in setting up a thread for modified scenarios and a corosponding section for them on the SL Wiki. I know Fairline has converted several MGE scenarios to ToT and done graphics mods for them (EG Sengoku Jidai, Bonaparte, Aeterna Civitas). Gapetit has also given a large number of MGE scenarios a revamp with Fairline's and his own modified units. I often feel the need to do a complete overhaul of the graphics before I attempt to play a scenario and have some modified ones on my hard-drive and I expect others do too.

As well as the visual aspect there are often bugs in the gameplay that can be fairly easily fixed. Often the designers are no longer around to do such work but as AGRICOLA showed recently, with Bonaparte, the fixes are often quite easily done. I can think of a few scenarios that would benefit from some minor tweaking. I am sure that the designers would not mind this tinkering. In fact I'm fairly sure they would be happy that people were still enjoying their work enough to want to take the time to improve it, I know I would be!

Just an idea anyway. It could be interesting to pick one scenario at a time, have a discussion on what could be done, dig out and finish off any graphics mods and make any minor changes to the rules or events needed and then upload them to the SL Wiki to allow them a new lease of life. Undoubtedly this will lead to some creative differences as everyone has different tastes but I am sure we could come to some kind of consensus and everyone can then do their own private alterations to suit themselves (shiny white roads etc...)

Oh, and this most definitely would not include Red Front!
                          Nice idea. A pukka ToT conversion together with bug/gameplay tweaks and a bit of graphical polish works wonders. Might even get people (ie me!) playing civ again. Any suggestions for which scenarios?
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I'd like Koby's new Pacific war scenario converted. I'd be willing to change the graphics to ToT standard.
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

If I may interject with the following list of Catfish converted scenarios at hand -

2194 Days of War by Captain Nemo and Alex the Magnificent

All Under Heaven v1.14 by Winterfritz

Hammer of the North v2.9 by Morten Blaabjerg

Seize the Crown by John Ellis.

Sub Wars v1.0 by Bernd "BeBro" Brosing.

There are also several scenarios, such as John Ellis' Hundred Years War and Jesús Muñoz Fernández's Carolus Invictissimus which have completed units.bmp by Gareth but lack full conversions, and some underway like Carl Fritz's Brown Man's Burden and Exile's Imperialism 1870. In addition there are the old ToT scens at the Cradle of Civilization that could use a face lift. Michael Jeszenka's Europe in Flames and Techumseh's Congo, for instance.

As for unconverted scenarios, I'd personally like to see Hellas and Colonies IV by John Ellis, Koby's TRON and ZWK, and Case's Raging Dragon in ToT. I've dabbled with them at one point or another, at varying degrees of completion, but I'm sure someone with more experience and know-how could do a better job.
                              Last edited by typhoon; June 1, 2009, 11:37.

Comment

Good stuff! If you want me to build a new page for a ToT converted scenario please feel free to e-mail me the files (if you need my e-mail addy just send me a PM). I definitely think there are a number of good scenarios around that could be given a whole new lease of life. This would also add to the list of reasons for people to get into Test of Time. Also a lot of scenarios were built before stackable terrain was widely employed. I think it makes a real difference to a lot of scenarios and would be worth adding along with the appropriate stat tweaks.

Now I just need some spare time to start adding these wonderful works to the SL Site
                                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X