Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 990 (01-Jun-2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 990 (01-Jun-2009)

The Apolyton CTP2 Source Code team proudly presents the Apolyton CTP2 Edition Revision 990 from June the 1st 2009.

This update fixes a few bugs found in the Revision 981 that prevented you from playing on when a civilization was wiped from the map.

In addition it makes it more difficult to establish good relationships with the AIs on the first turn of contact. Now you have to build up trust first, before you can get a piece treaty or a map exchange. This reflects the AI behavior on subsequent turns if you do not offer a piece treaty or a map exchange.

Beside many other changes, it contains a new City Manager window, that does not have the tabs anymore but displays all the information you need in one window on one view.

We have a new combat option that changes how the defenders attack the attackers. Now they use their defense values for attacking. If you do not like that then you are free to play the game in the old style.

We now have an AI that is not only faster but also smarter. It now does not try to use units for conquering your cities that it should use for city garrison. In the last version, the result was that the units were kept in the cities and conquest failed, instead of using other units.

This Apolyton Edition can be directly installed over CTP2 v1.0, v1.1, or v1.11.

If you found a bug please report here as much relevant information as possible. This includes how to reproduce the problem, an attached screenshot or savegame may be helpful. If the game crashes (terminates without user intention) then include a crash log. You can enable crash logging by editing your userprofile.txt (in [Your CTP2 directory]\ctp2_program\ctp\) to set EnableLogs=Yes. The log can then be found at [Your CTP2 directory]\ctp2_program\ctp\logs\crash.txt. Please do not attach the crash.txt to a post, include the content of that file in your post.

For further changes check out the change log in the readme.

If you cannot forget about the past here is the previous thread.

Code:
    Brief Changelog:
    2009-06-01 (Revision 990)
    Fixed:    The game does not crash, if a civilization is wiped out.
    Fixed:    The game does not hang if the AI cannot find enough transporters for
              a goal like sieging a city.
    Added:    More of the government modifed functionality for buildings and
              wonders was implemented.
    Fixed:    The AI regard for another player is recomputed when first cobtact
              is made. This prevents the AI to give the human player a map exchange
              a peace treaty etc. on the first turn of contact. Now the human player
              has to build up trust, first.
    Fixed:    Units with zero movepoints cannot move after an upgrade anymore.
    Fixed:    The game now updates the displayed unit information including its picture.
    Added:    New database flags for modders:
    - UnitDB:
       UpgradeAnywhere         Unit can be upgraded outside of cities and forts
       UpgradeDoesNotHeal      Unit does not regain fuel, HP, and movepoints
                               after an upgrade.

2009-05-17 (Revision 981)
    Fixed:    The AI does not try to use units for conquest if those units were
              assigned for city garrison. Such a attack does not fail anymore.
    Fixed:    Cell unit strength computation was fixed so that the AI knows how
              much units it needs to conquer your cities.
    Changed:  The empire manager now shows the actual numbers used for rations and
              wages.
    Changed:  The original gameplay was restored, including terrain, units, elite
              units were disabled, and the trade bonus through cities was removed.
    Changed:  Upgrade paths now match those of the original Apolyton Pack mod.
    Fixed:    The Great Library now shows the right information about terraforming.
    Fixed:    Active defense was added to the units destroyer, plasma destroyer,
              leviathan, morey striker, and interceptor to match the Great Library.
    Changed:  "Smooth borders" option graphics to just show thicker borders so they
              are more visible than the original.
    Fixed:    Trenches are generated again when a map is created and if
              PERCENT_TRENCH in Const.txt is zero. PERCENT_TRENCH is set to zero
              until we have converted the CTP1 trenches to CTP2 trenches.
    Fixed:    The map is now generated with a proper distribution of hills and
              mountains.
    Fixed:    The AI garrisons its just conquered cities, properly.
    Fixed:    The game does not crash anymore if a new civ is added and that civ is
              destroyed immediately and another new civ is created then again.
              May happen through slave uprising.
    Added:    A "New Combat" option was added to the rules screen. If it is on, front
              line units of a defending army will use their defense stat (rather
              than attack) to attack the front line units of the attacking army.
    Changed:  Units with defense > 0 but attack = 0 no longer die immediately, and
              will at least defend themselves. If New Combat rule is enabled they
              will also counter-attack in a battle. Only an army that contains units
              all with attack = 0 and defense = 0 will die immediately.
    Added:    The slic functions CreateBuilding and CreateWonder were added. The
              difference with events  with same name is that these functions do
              not effect stored production in a city. And unlike the CreateWonder event,
              CreateWonder function does not trigger a wonder movie.
    Added:    "City Land Attack", "City Air Attack" and "City Sea Attack" where
              added to the battleview window to show these the city building
              bonuses during battle.
    Fixed:    Many unit bonuses used in combat that were not working at all before.
    Added:    Added the slic function UnitMovementLeft(unit). It returns an integer 
              of the unit's movement remaining. 100 = 1 move, 33 = a single road move etc.
    Fixed:    ActiveDefence to only fire when there's a valid target and still alive.
              This removes the exploit of making a full army of active-defender's
              waste their active defense on one unit.
    Removed:  Counter-bombard and counter-active-defense units do not fire anymore
              after an active defender has fired, this removes the big disadvantage
              of being the defender, and it was very cheesy to look at.
    Fixed:    Units that have Attack=0 cannot attack anymore even if they have the
              "CanAttack" flag (Cyber Ninja for example).
    Changed:  Bombard so bombarding units and defenders use same bonuses
              (such as terrain defense, veteran etc) as they do in normal combat.
    Fixed:    The GetNeedsIrrigation flag now finds irrigation squares next to a city
              with a irrigation source of another tile improvement.
    Changed:  The grid color was changed from white to black to match the other
              zoom levels.
    Fixed:    Movebonus ("all terrain as x") units.txt flag.
    Added:    A no ruins option was added to rules window.
    Changed:  The government comparison tab of the empire manager displayed more
              detailed information, and displays yet researched researched
              governments so that you can compare them with your current government.
    Changed:  The AI goal calculation is now also unit dependent and the AI was
              sped up.
    Changed:  The city manager was redesigned to display all information from the
              tabs in one window.
    Added:    Some tile graphics and all the rules for submarine canyon/trench
              tiles were added.
    Changed:  The UpgradeTo flag does not obsolete units anymore.
    Fixed:    The game does not hang anymore if the AI tries to load a transporter
              that cannot move to its load position.
    Added:    A random map settings option was added to the map settings window.
    Fixed:    The "activate" and "disband" buttons in the city manager will be
              after disbanding a unit.
    Changed:  The diplomacy manager and diplomacy proposal window were resized to
              fit on 600 pixels high resolution again. The width of the proposal
              window were increased and its layout were modified, for easier
              modification later.
    Fixed:    The Diplomat photo now shows up when the AI sent you a proposal.
    Changed:  The advance options window was cleaned by removing options already
              present in other windows. Also other option windows were cleaned up.
    Added:    A Custom start and end ages option was added to single-player rules
              screen.
    Fixed:    The map does not auto-center on moving stealth units that you can't see.
    Changed:  Elite medal icon now replaces veteran medal icon, rather than sitting
              below it.
    Changed:  No units can be expelled from a tile anymore if there is at least one
              unit that cannot be expelled.
    Fixed:    The AI uses any units inside a newly founded city for garrison.
    Changed:  The AI uses less units for city garrison for the higher higher 
              defense levels. This is closer to the original game.
    Changed:  An enemy transporter does not show the cargo icon anymore if it only
              carries stealth units.
    Fixed:    If you click on a hidden enemy stealth unit or on another kind of 
              unit or city inside the fog of war your units or cities will
              deselected.
    Changed:  Slic event debug messages are now off by default.
    Added:    The AI will free slaves when it conquers a city if it neither owns 
              slaves nor it has any slavers.
    Fixed:    The AI builds caravans again.
    Fixed:    Rare crash at start-up (race condition with mouse initialization).
    Fixed:    The game does not crash anymore if the riot casualties option is used.
    Changed:  The map does not center on a pirate event if AutoCenter is off.
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; June 1, 2009, 18:11. Reason: Apolyton Edition Revision 990 has been released
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Cool! Time for me to have a go again then :-)) What level would you guys recommend to play at?

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi View Post
      Cool! Time for me to have a go again then :-)) What level would you guys recommend to play at?
      Good question, well I tested it a few turns, yesterday. Well, actually it was a few "just one more turns".

I played on hard, as a builder I had no big problems, to play peacefully, even no slave attacks, well until I found a target civ.

I have no idea how difficult it is to conquer, but some AIs did conquer cities.

-Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin

180 turns into my first game so far, only one small bug found. When I locate a slaver outside my city it appears further away. In the attached screen shot the slaver is north of Canterbury, but appears further away as you can see. Seems to be happening consistently, hopefully I didn't break it Save attached.
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi View Post
          "Hard" or "Very Hard" difficulty, and "Ruins Only" or "Bandits" barbarian setting.

I started a game on "Impossible" with "Raging Hordes" barbarians and had problems getting even 2 cities built in the beginning. Once you crawl up to 3 or 4 cities and the AI takes up more land the barbs are no problem though.

If you use the "New Combat" option it's a lot easier to defend cities too. As the barbarians use only warriors in the beginning, and a fortified hoplite by itself can kill 2 or 3 warriors. On the "Old Combat" setting a warrior can get lucky against a hoplite, so it's harder to play defensively. The AI also fairs better on "New Combat" against barbarians.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

This path is weird, but when I move the destination to one square East of the bear the path is correct.
            Attached Files

Comment

When I try to launch a game with the AE Mod, it has a DB Error box pop up that says "ICON_ORDER_UPGRADE not found in Icon database. Continue?"

Clicking yes allows me to Select AE Mod and load it (within the single player menu)...and then the same box pops up...if I continue, I can select my civ, set options, rules, etc., but when I launch the game for good, it has the same box pop up again, and regardless of if I say yes or no to continuing, the game crashes to desktop.

without AE Mod though, there is no error...so I guess this is just a problem with AE Mod.
              ---

Comment

Maq didn't upload the new AE mod.

Get the one he posted here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost....4&postcount=27
                "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                  Maq didn't upload the new AE mod.

Get the one he posted here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost....4&postcount=27
                  It needs some work though. The only reason to use it right now is for the game play balance tweaks. The AI is not that much better (maybe just better growth), and the game is probably slower due to all the slic.

From what I've seen of the latest playtest in the vanilla game, the AI seems to be doing quite well. They seem to be building more wonders and city improvements than the last playtest too.

Comment

At least it works, unlike the current version. And I think you have done a great job with it.
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                      It needs some work though. The only reason to use it right now is for the game play balance tweaks. The AI is not that much better (maybe just better growth), and the game is probably slower due to all the slic.

From what I've seen of the latest playtest in the vanilla game, the AI seems to be doing quite well. They seem to be building more wonders and city improvements than the last playtest too.
                      Nevertheless, you should upload it to the repository, since I expect that such stuff is in and we don't want to have reports of stuff that should have been fixed.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                        Nevertheless, you should upload it to the repository, since I expect that such stuff is in and we don't want to have reports of stuff that should have been fixed.

-Martin
                        I had intended to upload a better version but I didn't expect you to release a new AE so soon.

I'm sure I'll be able to upload it before the next AE

---

Up to turn 350 in my first game with this new playtest. No crashes or major bugs so far.

Only one other thing found so far, what is the Emancipation Act REALLY supposed to do?

The Great Library statistics part says:

Converts Slaves to citizens worldwide
                        Causes revolts in slave-holding cities
                        but then in the gameplay section of the same article:

With its signing, all slaves the world over are immediately converted to citizen status. The newly free citizens rise up against their former oppressors, rioting in all Cities on the map that employ Slaves.
                        The converting of slaves to free citizens works fine, but they neither rioted or revolted. I'm assuming they should riot in all cities but the wonder's owner? Revolting would create massive problems and be majorly overpowered.

Comment

I had intended to upload a better version but I didn't expect you to release a new AE so soon.
                          I thought that was clear when you sent me the change log. That's usually the last part I do. Well, I just had to do some changes to improve its readability. So you may check it again, so that I didn't misunderstood anything. Anyway it is a big difference if I have to go trough all the revisions reports myself or someone else does it. So thanks again.

The converting of slaves to free citizens works fine, but they neither rioted or revolted. I'm assuming they should riot in all cities but the wonder's owner? Revolting would create massive problems and be majorly overpowered.
                          I guess the former slaves should riot a little bit.

-Martin

Comment

Should barbarians appear outside fog of war? It's pretty annoying, and certainly not standard for civ games. Did this happen in the 1.1 patched game?

Comment

I installed your patch over my original game it runs so far, but whenever i destroy a nation the game crashes in the next turn.
                              To crate a logfile does not work. I uploadet the savegame when you end the turn it automatical crashes.

additional the game crashes using the ae mod.

Also the screen turns sometimes for less then a second black in the game
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Andron; May 25, 2009, 12:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X