Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 990 (01-Jun-2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
    I had intended to upload a better version but I
    I'm sure I'll be able to upload it before the next AE
    Originally posted by Andron View Post
    I installed your patch over my original game it runs so far, but whenever i destroy a nation the game crashes in the next turn.
    To crate a logfile does not work. I uploadet the savegame when you end the turn it automatical crashes.
    So this means Maq has to hurry. In fact, I already have a fix on my harddive, I just broke something else while I was fixing.

Also the screen turns sometimes for less then a second black in the game
    Probably, something I have to fix, too. But unfortunately I don't know how much time it takes.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
      So this means Maq has to hurry. In fact, I already have a fix on my harddive, I just broke something else while I was fixing.
      Hurry with what, the AE Mod? Is this caused by the AE Mod? This is the crash.txt I got with his save:

Code:
        0x007d6fb0  [?Add_New_Goal@Scheduler@@QAEXABQAVGoal@@@Z + 0x20]
        0x007f6882  [?AddGoalsForArmy@CtpAi@@SAXABVArmy@@@Z + 0x142]
        0x007f6547  [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_CreatedArmyEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x67]
        0x0057e447  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
        0x0057ee08  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
        0x0057cf2d  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
        0x0057e880  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xd0]
        0x00433165  [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x35]
        0x0042b823  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xc3]
        0x0040c26b  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
        0x00406f64  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
        0x004069c5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
        0x0080588c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
        0x7c817077  [__onexitbegin + 0x7be4aaff]
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Hurry with what, the AE Mod?
        Yes, unless you are not so sure anymore whether you can upload a fixed version for the next Apolyton Edition.

Is this caused by the AE Mod? This is the crash.txt I got with his save:
        No, it isn't caused by the AE Mod, how could it, if it isn't used? But this is a serious bu that has to fixed as soon as possible.

-Martin

Comment

Do you know what the bug is? Something to do with the AI creating an army?
          "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
            Do you know what the bug is? Something to do with the AI creating an army?
            Well, when the AI creates an army, all the other AIs gets goals added for this army, like attacking it. This is also true for those AIs that are dead, if they are not the last on the player list. Since the AI is no more the game crashes.

I don't know but that should have already occurred in the last version.

But, actually, this isn't all, the latest additions for the government modified stuff has added another problem that will make the game crash. So far I have fixed those two problems, I just added another problem, if you have selected more than one city in the Edit Queue window.

I will be on my home computer at the next weekend again.

-Martin

Comment

No, it isn't caused by the AE Mod, how could it, if it isn't used? But this is a serious bu that has to fixed as soon as possible.
              OK, now I see why you need to release another AE so soon.

I'll try to check it and upload it on Thursday or Friday at the latest. Or EPW can do it
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Hi everybody.

First, the good news : the Apolyton mod is great !

Now, the bad news : (the bug seem to be well known) when a civilisation is destroyed the games crashes.

I'm playing CTP2 french edition with Windows XP.

Crash.txt

Code:
                Version 2009-05-16
                  0x007d6fb0  [?Add_New_Goal@Scheduler@@QAEXABQAVGoal@@@Z + 0x20]
                  0x007f6882  [?AddGoalsForArmy@CtpAi@@SAXABVArmy@@@Z + 0x142]
                  0x007f6547  [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_CreatedArmyEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x67]
                  0x0057e447  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
                  0x0057ee08  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
                  0x0057cf2d  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                  0x0040c351  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x201]
                  0x00406f64  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
                  0x004069c5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                  0x0080588c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                  0x7c817077  [__onexitbegin + 0x7be4aaff]

Comment

OK, now I see why you need to release another AE so soon.

I'll try to check it and upload it on Thursday or Friday at the latest. Or EPW can do it
                  So anything left to upload. Otherwise I will release the next version, tomorrow.

-Martin

Comment

So anything left to upload. Otherwise I will release the next version, tomorrow.

-Martin
                    It's a good job you reminded me (or rather the reply email did)

I haven't even looked at the AE Mod to upload yet, so I'll try and do it now...

Comment

Revision 990 has been released, I updated the opening post of this thread and renamed it accordingly. I reset the upload date in the Apolyton download section, but as it looks like I cannot reset the hit counter. When I updated it had 6354 hits. And if you where logged in while you downloaded one of the previous versions you should have got an email notification.

-Martin

Comment

New here. Came across a mention of an upgraded CtP2 and a wave of nostalgia washed over me. Dusted off the disk(literally) downloaded the AE mod and fired up a new game. Fun times.

However, I ran across two issues: (Note, these are all from v981; 990 hasn't finished downloading yet. Net connection sux.)

I was trying out some of the optional rules, and the gold costs for units and cities seem to be off in their calculations by at least an order of magnitude. It just ain't right when you've got only 4 cities and about 20 units and your maintenance/upkeep costs are greater than your entire GNP: -200 per turn for my army; total income only 110. Now add the city costs to that!

Did somebody forget a constant somewhere?

When playing the AE mod itself, I found that whenever I tried to load an autosave, (like to replay that one city assault where I got massacred by coracles ), the game would crash. When I restarted the program, I was able to load the games without a hitch. This happened reliably(3 times). Here's the crash log for your fun and amusement:
                        Code:
                        Version 2009-05-17
                          0x005b20dc  [?Get@?$CTPDatabase@VBuildingRecord@@@@QAEPBVBuildingRecord@@HH@Z + 0xc]
                          0x004ec5c9  [?GetDBRec@UnitData@@QBEPBVUnitRecord@@XZ + 0x29]
                          0x006d2c03  [?DrawThis@ctp2_Static@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0xa3]
                          0x00669bc1  [?Draw@aui_Region@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x21]
                          0x00649dbc  [?Draw@aui_Control@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x2c]
                          0x00669bfb  [?Draw@aui_Region@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x5b]
                          0x00649dbc  [?Draw@aui_Control@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x2c]
                          0x006d4007  [?Draw@ctp2_TabGroup@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0xb7]
                          0x00669c6e  [?DrawChildren@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x3e]
                          0x00677aba  [?ClipAndConsolidate@aui_UI@@MAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x3ba]
                          0x00677f67  [?Draw@aui_UI@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x27]
                          0x00728118  [?StartCountingTo@ProgressWindow@@QAEXHPBD@Z + 0x98]
                          0x00728061  [?BeginProgress@ProgressWindow@@SAXAAPAV1@PADHHH@Z + 0x231]
                          0x004080ca  [?InitializeAppDB@CivApp@@QAE_NXZ + 0x3a]
                          0x00408085  [?InitializeAppDB@CivApp@@QAEHAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x5]
                          0x00719aa7  [?loadsavescreen_executePress@@YAXPAVaui_Control@@IIPAX@Z + 0xc7]
                          0x006489cb  [?MouseLDropInside@aui_Button@@MAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0xdb]
                          0x006cbfd8  [?MouseLDropInside@ctp2_Button@@UAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x18]
                          0x0066b595  [?MouseDispatch@aui_Region@@QAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x2c5]
                          0x00669a45  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x115]
                          0x006699b8  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x88]
                        Last edited by Hans Lemurson; June 3, 2009, 07:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Lemurson View Post
                          New here. Came across a mention of an upgraded CtP2 and a wave of nostalgia washed over me. Dusted off the disk(literally) downloaded the AE mod and fired up a new game. Fun times.
                          Just out of interest, where did you hear about it?

I was trying out some of the optional rules, and the gold costs for units and cities seem to be off in their calculations by at least an order of magnitude. It just ain't right when you've got only 4 cities and about 20 units and your maintenance/upkeep costs are greater than your entire GNP: -200 per turn for my army; total income only 110. Now add the city costs to that!

Did somebody forget a constant somewhere?
                          It's fair to say some of the optional rules have not been tested as much as they should have been. These extra gold costs also need to be detailed to the player in the empire manager.

When playing the AE mod itself, I found that whenever I tried to load an autosave, (like to replay that one city assault where I got massacred by coracles ), the game would crash. When I restarted the program, I was able to load the games without a hitch. This happened reliably(3 times). Here's the crash log for your fun and amusement:
                          Was this with the experimental religion mod, or the AE Mod proper? (These should be separated in a future release).

Comment

Just out of interest, where did you hear about it?
                            Well, that's a long story...
                            I was on the boards for "Sword of the Stars" writing up a suggestion for an interface improvement based on those message-icons from CtP1. (Whatever happened to them? They were great.) Being reminded of CtP by this, I decided to do a little google search for "Call to Power 3" just to see if by some chance there had been any continuation of the series. (Obviously there hasn't.) The only reasonably useful link I found was to a message posted on CivFanatics mentioning that one "Ages of Man" mod was about as close as you'll get to CtP3. I was intruiged. I looked that up, and downloaded AoMIV, but was frustrated when I found that this was only an update to the prior versions of AoM. So, in searching apolyton for CtP2 info, I came across mention that the latest update (981) of the Apolyton Edition of CtP2 had been released. "Holy shnikeys! Not only have there been more updates to CtP2, but the latest one came out less than two weeks ago! Must...download..."

And there you have it.

It's fair to say some of the optional rules have not been tested as much as they should have been. These extra gold costs also need to be detailed to the player in the empire manager.
                            I did some checking again on this, using the "1 gold per unit" rule, and it claims that I'm paying out 1245 gold per turn in wages(my GNP is 900). However, I am still producing science and putting away gold into my savings. I think it's probably just a display issue.

Was this with the experimental religion mod, or the AE Mod proper? (These should be separated in a future release).
                            Nope, just the AE Mod itself.

One more question: After restarting the game and loading the latest save, I noticed that in the Great Library it had no mention of the Ramayana or Aristotle's Lyceum going obsolete. Their bonus values were correct (+1 and +10%) but no obsolescence. I then started a new game using the AE mod, exited from it, and then reloaded my original game, and when I checked back in the GL, both wonders had their obsolescences back.

So my question is: when you load s game saved from a mod, does it reload all of the mod settings too? I would imagine so, but I know that the settings for any given game can be changed just by editing the userprofile (and so I was able to add and remove the "gold payment" rule from an already-started game. I know that this also affects any saved game you play. Similarly, changing the color-profiles (in colors00.txt) for the different players also changed every game.

So, given this, how can you be certain that s saved game from a mod will reload under proper conditions?

Comment

The goldhunger costs are steep to say the least:

Code:
                              Units Name GoldHunger
                              UNIT_ABOLITIONIST 5
                              UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER 150
                              UNIT_ARCHER 1
                              UNIT_ARTILLERY 30
                              UNIT_BATTLESHIP 150
                              UNIT_BOMBER 50
                              UNIT_CANNON 20
                              UNIT_CARAVAN 0
                              UNIT_CARGO_HELICOPTER 45
                              UNIT_CARRACK 15
                              UNIT_CATAMARAN 5
                              UNIT_CATAPULT 16
                              UNIT_CAVALRY 15
                              UNIT_CITY 0
                              UNIT_CLERIC 0
                              UNIT_CORPORATE_BRANCH 0
                              UNIT_CRAWLER 200
                              UNIT_CRUISE_MISSILE 0
                              UNIT_CYBER_NINJA 100
                              UNIT_DESTROYER 60
                              UNIT_DIPLOMAT 0
                              UNIT_DREADNAUGHT 180
                              UNIT_ECO_RANGER 5
                              UNIT_ECO_TERRORIST 25
                              UNIT_EMPATHIC_DIPLOMAT 25
                              UNIT_FASCIST 20
                              UNIT_FIGHTER 30
                              UNIT_FIRE_TRIREME 10
                              UNIT_FRIGATE 45
                              UNIT_FUSION_TANK 130
                              UNIT_HOPLITE 1
                              UNIT_HOVER_INFANTRY 50
                              UNIT_INFANTRYMAN 15
                              UNIT_INFECTOR 100
                              UNIT_INTERCEPTOR 65
                              UNIT_IRONCLAD 30
                              UNIT_KNIGHT 16
                              UNIT_KRAKEN 210
                              UNIT_LAWYER 100
                              UNIT_LEVIATHON 250
                              UNIT_LONGSHIP 6
                              UNIT_MACHINE_GUNNER 20
                              UNIT_MARINE 14
                              UNIT_MOBILE_SAM 40
                              UNIT_MOREY_STRIKER 70
                              UNIT_MOUNTED_ARCHER 3
                              UNIT_NUCLEAR_SUBMARINE 50
                              UNIT_NUKE 50
                              UNIT_OCEAN_CITY 0
                              UNIT_PARATROOPER 28
                              UNIT_PIKEMEN 4
                              UNIT_PLASMA_DESTROYER 100
                              UNIT_SCOUT_SUB 75
                              UNIT_SEA_ENGINEER 0
                              UNIT_SETTLER 0
                              UNIT_SHIP_OF_THE_LINE 30
                              UNIT_SLAVER 7
                              UNIT_SPACE_CITY 0
                              UNIT_SPACE_PLANE 100
                              UNIT_SPY 16
                              UNIT_SPY_PLANE 90
                              UNIT_STEALTH_BOMBER 90
                              UNIT_STEALTH_FIGHTER 75
                              UNIT_SUBMARINE 40
                              UNIT_SWORDSMAN 3
                              UNIT_TANK 40
                              UNIT_TELEVANGELIST 100
                              UNIT_TROOP_SHIP 20
                              UNIT_URBAN_PLANNER 0
                              UNIT_WAR_WALKER 90
                              UNIT_WARRIOR 0
                              UNIT_Z_FREIGHT_TRANSPORT 0
                              UNIT_LONGBOWMAN 5
                              UNIT_ELEPHANT_WARRIOR 15
                              "

Comment

That's just equal to the production hunger, right? Also, my army consists only of Archers, Warriors and Hoplites, whose support/hunger cost is 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X