• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game host required!

From the main forum:

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
    Game has been back up for a bit now.

On another note, I was never intended to be the permanent host of the game, and I'd like to transition away from hosting PTBS games, so I can reboot my computer every so often and not have it on 24/7... I'd like to find another host by the end of the month, or at the latest 6/15. Please email me (my user name @ yahoo or gmail) once a host has been decided upon, so I can transition the game over to that person.

I think Beta was originally the person who intended to host the game, so that might be the first person to check with.

I can't host the game, but can anyone here help out, or knows someone who would be prepared to host the game?

I could do it. My computer is on 24/7, often manages 30-60 days consecutive uptime, is on an extremely reliable DSL connection, and I have the knowledge and ability to set up port forwarding on my routers. I do travel frequently, but that wouldn't cause any more problems than it has with snoopy369.

I don't know how appropriate it is to have an active player hosting, though, and in turn responsible for things like reloads. If a neutral party can't be found, I can volunteer.

Comment

Good man, T-hawk

Comment

T-Hawk, do you want to start now?

Comment

Terrible timing - I'm leaving tomorrow for vacation until Monday 6/29. After that I could do it.

Comment

There isn't any sort of commercial civ hosting, is there? We could do a monthly paypal drive or something...heck, I'd pay for the first month just to get the game patched and moving again.

Comment

Working...
            X