Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can 2 people using the same code interact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can 2 people using the same code interact?

I am an AVID pc gamer, hence the name, I've played quite a few game in multiplayer, my brother is also a gamer and we enjoy having quite fast communication. But, and it's a pretty fat but, some games don't like 2 people with the same activation code playing together, some games let it work but some just... pleh. I recently noticed an ad for Civilization 4 : Complete and since I've played and enjoyed Civilization 3, I thought I'd give 4 a try. Can you see where this is going? My brother has also played Civilization 3 and since Civilization 4 features Multiplayer we were hoping to try it.

Now the question, Does anyone know if 2 people using the same activation code can play together in multiplayer of Civilization 4?
    Thanks in advance.

It shouldn't be a problem. I've seen it done in MP games using the direct IP connection option. Good luck and have fun
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gamespy won't allow you, I think. But LAN and DirectIP shouldn't have a problem.

Me.

Comment

Thank you for telling me, I'm not a really big fan of Gamespy so it shouldn't matter all that much.

Comment

np. It's pretty rare (and fairly di--erm, jerkish) for companies to not allow LAN play off a single copy really. People in the same household often want to play together, and it doesn't really hurt sales (they are unlikely to buy a second copy anyway) to allow LAN play to let people play against each other off one copy.

Me.

Comment

IT WORKED!

If the title doesn't tell you, I got Civilization 4 working and my brother can join my games, it's LOADS of fun (Right now I'm preparing to Nuke France, I love being the first to get Fission) my only quibble is that the expansions are semi-standalone in that you start them individually and Beyond the Sword and Warlord are incompatible, I'm babbling, I love it.

Comment

CONGRATS on getting it to work. Having another human player in the game just makes it better. You should both use BTS since it is far superior to Warlord or the the original.

Welcome to MP and KEEP ON CIVIN'
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Can 2 people using the same code interact

Hi tree,

It should not be a problem. When you change the setting of UserCp. Only the forum style and Taiwan area will be changed. Let me know if you have another question. Thanks.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                X