No announcement yet.

Do you play random civs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm discovering Gilgamesh is a Zara + Protective. Who else gets (cheap) courthouses with Priesthood? And a good UU also, just a different timeframe.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

No, I do not play random civs.

Comment

Why not? Besides the fact you really like the romans.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I usually play random, but I'm playing a occ game at the moment. That can't be random because only a few trait combinations work for this in my opinion. Having said that, I'm planning to use Darius on my next normal game because everyone seems to think he's the best and I need to find out for myself.

Comment

I used to always play Peter in OCC games pre-BTS. OCC demands appropriate traits imo. It'll be interesting to see what OCC is like when I get round to it in BTS.

Comment

Well, be prepared for a very low score in the OCC.
              So much of the score is based upon population & area that you generally just can't get a good score in OCC.
              Maybe if you choose the Incas on a Duel Pangena Map and Q rush them all you could get a semi-decent score from the early Conquest bonus.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I think anyone that has every won at OCC ever worried about their score. Winning was the only goal. My preference was conquest wins on small maps.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  I think anyone that has every won at OCC ever worried about their score. Winning was the only goal.
                  Absolutely.

Comment

Well, my current game HAD Monty of the Romans in it... as my next door neighbour. Needless to say I didn't wait for him to declare war on me...
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I've won a couple times on OCC in Civ IV; that was before BTS. But I was so disappointed with my score I vowed never to do that again.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I've played OCC twice before in bts, the first time I used the indians (can't remember which leader) and I got dog piled by everyone when I was just getting infantry and they had macemen. The next time I thought I was heading for victory with Peter (was building spaceship parts) when Gandhi of all people vassalised the world and won domination.

This time I'm using Elizabeth and it's early days but I've chosen Shaka as my best buddy (due to his proximity/power and having my religion) so that could be a recipe to disaster...

Comment

Originally posted by #07 View Post
                          I've chosen Shaka as my best buddy (due to his proximity/power and having my religion) so that could be a recipe to disaster...
                          HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                          OH... Sooooooooooooooo True

On a more seirous note, I've been able to keep Shaka as a buddy for most of a game. As long as he doesn't get too far ahead on the power graph, or have no other place to attack, you might be ok.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, all instincts were telling me to stay away from this guy but he when he asked me to go to war with him against america I knew I had too otherwise I'd be next. He will eventually be a buffer between my city and the rest of the world.

I'm just hoping he doesn't backstab me before I'm ready. Because when I am...

I'm actually thinking about bribing him into some wars while I gain a tech advantage and then gut him with my never seen before modern weapons.

Comment

Yeah, help keep him pissed at the rest of the world. The fewer open border agreements he has with the others, the better.

And yeah, when I play OCC, I'm usually playing for a conquest win so eventually everyone has to fall.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have my favorites:

Darius
                                Huyana Capac
                                Frederick

I have other leaders I will play occasionally - Mehmed, Ramesses, Julius Caesar, Mansa Musa.

I go through phases where I force myself to play leaders I am not inclined to play (Shaka, for instance), but there are leaders I've never used.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X