New Pitboss game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pitboss game?

Anyone up for a new pitboss game? I would like to join & I can find more people
    Last edited by EvaldsUrtans; July 2, 2009, 13:02. Reason: Name of our game (tracking thread)

I have time to join another.

Who's hosting?

Comment

I can join too but only when:

1- bts latest official patch
      2- AI OFF
      3- tech. trading OFF
      4- era ancient
      5- map Fractal
      6- world wrap - toroidal

other settings no matter for me

Comment

I will be able to start hosting in it at the end of next week, so start to sign up

Zorzak: Why do you want Tech trading off?
        Without it civs that are placed at better positions of resources will be more tehnologically advanced than others and soon will dominate with superiour military units..

Comment

Throw my hat in the ring as well Evalds.

I have no pref when it comes to settings.

Comment

Consider my hat thrown in as as well Evalds.
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

Civilizations so far:

1. Wittlich
              2. St Jon
              3. Zorzak?
              4. Janis
              5 Evalds

I will be waiting for more people till the end of next week

Comment

Originally posted by EvaldsUrtans View Post
                Without it civs that are placed at better positions of resources will be more tehnologically advanced than others and soon will dominate with superiour military units..
                Playing with technology trading ON is so easy and so stupid unbalanced for me. It means that when it's ON we do not must focus on our research so much becouse we know that we can easily exchange it with other player. Why we can so easy exchange it with other player ? Becouse other player know that if he deny this exchange he could be in early future on the "grey end". By the way, when we do not must focus on our research so much we do not must be so good to win the game. I think the winner is person who can play by making his country better then other country not by exchanging technologies like "hot chickens" but by the best growing a country on all stages. This game is not only focus on war, technology and trading. This is full strategic game with much more important things like "good presperity growing country". I think when technology trading is OFF everyone has a same chance to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by EvaldsUrtans View Post
                  Civilizations so far:

1. Wittlich
                  2. St Jon
                  3. Zorzak?
                  4. Janis
                  5 Evalds

I will be waiting for more people till the end of next week
                  You've forgotten Pinchak.

=EvaldsUrtans;5601665]
                  Unlimited Tech Trades make the Game really unbalanced. You can also have 'Pre-Game Pacts' where 2 Players agree to focus on different lines of research so that they can swap 1 for 1 as the Game advances. Makes everything really unfair on other Players.

2- AI OFF
                  3- tech. trading OFF
                  4- era ancient
                  5- map Fractal
                  6- world wrap - toroidal

Ok with me apart from 1. Why do you want to exclude the latest unofficial patch which irons out quite a few bugs and glitches in the game?

World size is important to me as we must have room to expand at the beginning or people will be knocked out too early with lucky ancient resource finds for very close neighbours. Happens in SP, I know, but MP should be fun for everyone and if you start in a rain forest with no nearby iron you have no chance against human opponents.
                  Last edited by St Jon; May 21, 2009, 05:54.
                  - Anon

Comment

One length of turn timer were you thinking about St Jon?
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Beta, EvaldsUrtans is the Host not me and he has yet to specify.
                      - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by St Jon
                        Originally posted by EvaldsUrtans
                        Unlimited Tech Trades make the Game really unbalanced. You can also have 'Pre-Game Pacts' where 2 Players agree to focus on different lines of research so that they can swap 1 for 1 as the Game advances. Makes everything really unfair on other Players.
                        Exacly. Of course it means that Technology brokering for balance game should be OFF too.

Originally posted by Zorzak

2- AI OFF
                        3- tech. trading OFF
                        4- era ancient
                        5- map Fractal
                        6- world wrap - toroidal

Ok with me apart from 1. Why do you want to exclude the latest unofficial patch which irons out quite a few bugs and glitches in the game?
                        I wrote official patch becouse i do not know nothing about unofficial patch but of course i can play with unofficial patch if it eliminates bugs and glitches, but as i said only when points 2-6 are still same.

World size is important to me as we must have room to expand at the beginning or people will be knocked out too early with lucky ancient resource finds for very close neighbours. Happens in SP, I know, but MP should be fun for everyone and if you start in a rain forest with no nearby iron you have no chance against human opponents.
                        I agree. I can play bigger map then normal while will be 5 players, to avoid situations like: "no copper/iron", "jungle everywhere near starting position", "one city island", "too close neighbours - i can't build even second city", "no resources" and others.

Comment

Ok, I will set up game with:
                          bts, AI OFF, tech. trading OFF, era ancient, map Fractal

with 36h timer

1. Wittlich
                          2. St Jon
                          3. Zorzak
                          4. Janis
                          5. Evalds
                          6. Pinchak
                          7. Beta?
                          Anyone else?

Comment

Can I join?

I'd like the turn timer to be slightly longer, though, if possible.

Thanks!
                            Last edited by binary010101; May 26, 2009, 14:55.

Comment

Can we have a protocol agreed in advance for dealing with Players who persistently skip Turns? I know from experience that this can be a real pain as you find everyone else has played their Turns in 24hrs but because someone who has lost interest will just not bother to even login to hit 'End-Turn' the timer will never flip earlier.

Are we going to have a Double-Move Rule? If not, then that is ok with me but if we are then it has to be set out in advance. It will be a real pain if people start yelling 'foul-play' when war breaks out and they are caught by surprise. Constant pauses and re-loads will hold everything up and cause ill-will.
                              - Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X