Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why NOT BtS??

Just some ideas.

1) Because I can't afford $7.50 in the bargain bin.

2) Because I don't like extra features (which, by the way, I can by and large turn off if I try them and still don't like them)

3) Because I don't like being able to get all the newest and most enjoyable mods, which require the BtS engine

4) Because I don't like new leaders, new units, new civs, new wonders.

5) Because I don't like more variety.

6) Because I don't like MP, which mostly requires I have installed the community-agreed common base version.

7) Because I don't like more scenarios.

8) Because I hate asking "why should I do something that is obviously to my benefit" questions.

It's so cheap now you might as well.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
      Just some ideas.

1) Because I can't afford $7.50 in the bargain bin.

2) Because I don't like extra features (which, by the way, I can by and large turn off if I try them and still don't like them)

3) Because I don't like being able to get all the newest and most enjoyable mods, which require the BtS engine

4) Because I don't like new leaders, new units, new civs, new wonders.

5) Because I don't like more variety.

6) Because I don't like MP, which mostly requires I have installed the community-agreed common base version.

7) Because I don't like more scenarios.

8) Because I hate asking "why should I do something that is obviously to my benefit" questions.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

9) Oh, NOO! I don't WANT an improved AI. Nor do I want an AI that is being improved even more so by the fan community.

Comment

10) Because I don't want to play the best version of Civ EVER!
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

11) Because improved espionage is dumb. No one wants more inteligence.

12) Because I believe in market pressure, and won't give a penny to those bastards!

13) Because I don't have Civ IV - I'm waiting for the "All Xpansions, All Patches, All Mods, Almighty and All-knowing Final Platinum Version Sid Meier's Civilization IV"

Comment

Comment

Does it have pandas in it?

Comment

14) Because I am still waiting for the next patch to Civ3
                  If you aren't confused,
                  You don't understand.

Comment

No Pandas! No penguins. Whales is not enough!
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

But there are Beavers.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Who needs Pandas when you have Beaver?
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi View Post
                          13) Because I don't have Civ IV - I'm waiting for the "All Xpansions, All Patches, All Mods, Almighty and All-knowing Final Platinum Version Sid Meier's Civilization IV"
                          This is me. I bought Civ 4 Complete yesterday .

There's some doubt in me as to which Civ to start on for a 'pure' and balanced experience, vanilla, warlords, or bts, but for the most part, I'm not sorry I waited. Cheap price, no patches to wait for, no DRM, the general internet's assurance that it's a fine game worth playing? Yes, please!

Comment

Because for some odd reason they never released a Bts version for us sorry people who still thinks Apple is the best way to avoid Windows. Are they still sleeping?

ybrevo

Comment

Originally posted by ybrevo View Post
                              Because for some odd reason they never released a Bts version for us sorry people who still thinks Apple is the best way to avoid Windows. Are they still sleeping?

ybrevo
                              i hear ya, i hate windows too, its really sucked since '95. but the applications and the possibilities with windows far out way macs, in the meantime i just keep getting mad at windows until they release a geniune quality product(if they ever do, damn corporate bastards), or apple finally catches up and is similiarly comparable to windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X