Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone actually customize spaceships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look thru the options and choose the one I feel like when building space ship parts.
    It doesn't have any actual effect on the game.

I also liked building my throne room in Civ II and the palace in Civ III.
    The advisors in Civ II were funny.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn View Post
      The advisors in Civ II were funny.
      Elvis always said the same thing to me. Sadly, at the time I didn't quite figure it out what he meant (bad english resources, so to speak), but looking back I think it's because I never ever used the slider at the luxury side. I sorely ignored the masses.

Well, I still do.

Comment

You never did what?

Ramping your luxuries up to 40 or 50 percent was one of the best strategies in Civ2. All your empire in permanent We Love The President Day was very good for your growth.
        Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRudd View Post
          You never did what?

Ramping your luxuries up to 40 or 50 percent was one of the best strategies in Civ2. All your empire in permanent We Love The President Day was very good for your growth.
          I didn't know that.

Well, I don't play Civ II anymore, so at least this info goes as Civ Culture.

Comment

I have customized my ship, but it is a fruitless effort. And yea the space elevator is useless if it launches from Earth. The throne room was cool, they should make something that goes with the game and with the government style you have. An office or wahtever styled to the government and civ.
            "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
            "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

The throne room is also a fruitless effort. However, it is slightly more cool than customizing the spaceship. Both, however, pale in comparison to getting functional game improvements.

I would not want to have to sacrifice gameplay in order to get a throne room in Civ 5.

Comment

I agree wodan. Gameplay is the primary focus.

There's alot that I would like seen put into the game, or brought back...but your right that they need to focus on some areas more than others.
                "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

No worries. Sometimes I think people just talk "pie in the sky" and don't recognize that programmer time allocated to design is a zero sum effort.

Comment

Spaceship customisation is worth nothing. Even the choice on the number of parts is mostly irrelevant, contrary to Civ2.
                    Clash of Civilization team member
                    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Now I'll have to play a space race victory, I didn't even know you could customize your ss.

I would like the castle-building thing back, but that's just for sentimental reasons. To be honest I don't think that would mean wasting resources since real-life development processes aren't quite as neat as in the civ games (you don't really know what will be a waste and what won't when you start out a creative process, since you can't predict the spin-offs).

Comment

For the palace one could pick from different architecture styles and that gave it a cultural/historical feel. Same for the office, it upgrades with the eras, so it contributed to giving the game a "feel" of history.

The space ship is a piece of science fiction, unless one can pick and choose from designs such as the Enterprise or the Millennium Falcon, it is just a piece of useless graphics. People play Civ for the historical part of the game, not the sci-fi one. Besides, the SS is not even a reasonable piece of science fiction, no one would launch such a thing from the ground.

When I play for space victory, I am usually just trying to get thing over with. The SS parts' animation is just a waste of time (just like combat animations).

Comment

Working...
                        X