should I buy dead rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I buy dead rising

All my friends tell me it is a pretty good game, but I did not enjoy the demo very much. Is it any good, worth the time and effort?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

It's a very divisive game because it is so unique. I played the demo and didn't like it much but some love it.

Comment

yea, that is the feeling I get. The demo sucked, if the game is just like the demo but with more levels than I doubt I will finish the first level.
      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I bought this from the bargain bin and I really wanted to like it, but the controls are clunky and I hate the save location system with a passion. The controls make it hard, especially when you need to shoot at psychopaths, and the save system means you end up replaying lots if you die. I'm still tempted to not sell it away because zombies, but the controls are so bad they make my wrists hurt.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Buy it.

It's platinum hits and you can probably find it for 15 bucks.

The graphics are early 360 (read: not so hot), the game is very unforgiving, the save system is brutal, the gun mechanics suck, and some of the achievements are either nigh impossible, or just brutally painful to attempt.

That said, I friggin love the game. One of my favorites on the system, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes zombie killing. It is hilarious, it is hard, there are tons of onscreen enemies at times that you have to run/drive through/crawl/jump over. It will drive you mad insane at points. If you are a controller thrower, do not play this one.

Spoiler:
          plus you can play as "megaman" after some unlocks

Comment

The graphics are early 360 (read: not so hot), the game is very unforgiving, the save system is brutal, the gun mechanics suck, and some of the achievements are either nigh impossible, or just brutally painful to attempt.
            That sounds horrible. Did you play the demo for it asleepatthewheel, if you did is the game basically the demo with more levels or are the subsequent levels better?

Comment

It's not really different levels per se, but the environments do seem quite varied. What is not really varied that much by all accounts is the missions and killing zombies.

Comment

I think you should reserve judgement on this matter until LOTM voices his opinion. If he'll ever come back to this site.

[action=Asher]weep[/action]
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  I think you should reserve judgement on this matter until LOTM voices his opinion. If he'll ever come back to this site.

[action=Asher]weep[/action]
                  Agreed, I will revisit this thread in 10 years. And it is judgment

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                    That sounds horrible. Did you play the demo for it asleepatthewheel, if you did is the game basically the demo with more levels or are the subsequent levels better?
                    no, I didn't try the demo, so I can't comment on that.

It's a very irritating game at times, and in spite of that, its in my top 5 360 games.

its really love/hate.

Its really satisfying to actually beat the real game, after trying and failling time after time.

That's the other thing, its not a pick up every once in a while type game, you play through the first section, die, start over, get further, die, start over, get further, die, all the while getting stronger as the exp carries over.

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                      Agreed, I will revisit this thread in 10 years. And it is judgment
                      It's judgment in your country, not mine.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        It's judgment in your country, not mine.
                        I know

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel View Post
                          no, I didn't try the demo, so I can't comment on that.

It's a very irritating game at times, and in spite of that, its in my top 5 360 games.

its really love/hate.

Its really satisfying to actually beat the real game, after trying and failling time after time.

That's the other thing, its not a pick up every once in a while type game, you play through the first section, die, start over, get further, die, start over, get further, die, all the while getting stronger as the exp carries over.
                          I enjoy difficult games. Based on your recommendation, I will buy the game. Now I just have to finish exams, so that I can have the time to play it.

Comment

* Asher weep
                            Wait was LOTM finally banned for posting that Jews In Heat 2009 calendar? The septuple penetration picture with the menorah nearly made me vomit.

Comment

As far as I can tell, he has moved to WePlayCiv. There he is providing enthralling play by play commentary on his FIRST ONLINE GAME. He is playing Scrabble with an old school chum.

You must check it out. Best site ever~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X