Every AI Declares War At Once - BTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    What if you build the AP and you don't have a state religion. (for either have no religion or just haven't converted to a religion yet)

As I was reading down I wondered this myself. I wonder if you can build the AP w/o a state religion.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The don't talk delay is based on the AIs in question. Some will talk much earlier than others.

Since most of the AIs weren't expecting the war to break out either, it's going to be awhile before their forces reach your border and their likely to arrive one AI at a time instead of all together.

Also, unless you have corporations there's no point running Free Market with all those borders closed to you.

Your required to have a state religion while building the AP. And that religion must also be present in the city your building it in.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

If anyone's interested, I survived the onslaught. I lost a city at one point, but was able to take it back. I lost about half of my military, but through some pretty good placement, I survived.

Then, of course, about five turns after I broker peace with everyone by paying them off with gold or techs, it happens again. I'm once again at war... with everyone.

Comment

Strange - I thought peace treaties lasted 10 turns.

This kind of thing is one of my biggest gripes about BtS.

The AP, IMO, sucks. It forces you to try and get every religion around.

So - I either turn diplo off, or if I am playing with it on either a) build the AP myself or b) try and raze the city it is built in.
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

If the player has an well spread religion the AP gives 4H by city (from the temple and
            monastery). A good repay.
            Best regards,

Comment

I see your point.
              I just don't like feeling as if I am being "forced" into a certain game play style.

I know I'm not, there are choices, but you know what I mean.
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog View Post
                The AP, IMO, sucks. It forces you to try and get every religion around.
                No, it doesn't.
                -- get every religion
                -- build it yourself
                -- don't get an early religion and have open borders with the AP builder (which allows the AP religion to spead to you)
                -- make sure you're not the "worst enemy" of the AP owner
                -- make sure you can defend yourself by terrain (continents / choke points)
                -- make sure you can defend yourself (military might)
                -- watch to see how many AIs get the AP religion and where those AIs are geographically

Most of these options are not that hard to do and certainly do not "force" you into a specific gameplay style.

Comment

You forgot:

-- let someone else build it then raze the city containing the accursed thing

Comment

Strange - I thought peace treaties lasted 10 turns.
                    It may have been 10. The first time around, I wasn't able to get everyone to agree to a peace treaty at once, so I've lost track of the # of turns.

Either way, they've done it again.

This is shameful to admit, but I'm contemplating going back to an earlier save, right around when I was able to make peace. It will probably happen again, though.

I may be able to survive another world war, but there probably won't be much of me left.

I don't know that in the future I'll play with AP off, but I will be much more conscious of how it works.

Thanks for the info, guys!

Comment

If I recall correctly, the owner of the AP can call a vote to restart the war without the ten turn wait.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The real problem isn't the 10t of war before you can get peace, it's the "REFUSES TO TALK!!!" that sometimes lasts for eternity. I've had civs refuse to talk to me after an AP vote made me drop relations with them for well over 15-20t.

Me.

Comment

-- let someone else build it then raze the city containing the accursed thing
                          Still the best advice/solution yet to the problem
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Still the best advice/solution yet to the problem
                            The only problem is that other useful wonders are usually burned away at the same time.

Me.

Comment

That's the breaks

Whenever I leave the Diplo Victory Condition on... I make sure to find the city with AP and raze it... and then later, if the game is still on, to find the city with the UN and do the same to it. I'm not a big fan of building either one of them. With the AI's making OHHHH SOOOOO many stupid demands and requests, I have a hard time staying friends with most of them
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That and with tech trading turned off (no demand for techs)
                                And giving/trading any excess strategic resources to your friends (no demand for strat resources)
                                And keep you money reasonably low (no demand for money)
                                You're down to requests to stop trading and going to war, where you can at least choose your friends and you never really have to send troops.

All of these makes for a game that just makes more sense and less annoying.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X