The NHL Off-Season Thread Starts With a Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are so ****ing stupid, Ben.

Daniel Sedin depends on his brother for all of his scoring. That's why they're a package deal.
    Cammalleri has never been the top player on his line? He frequently played on Calgary's 2nd line and lead the team in goals! He played in LA for years as their best player.

So ****ing stupid.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• BEN what measure do you rely on to claim Daniel is the better goal scorer? Are you grading qualitatively and judging his goals to be prettier??
      His performance over the last while. This year is the first year that Cammellari had more goals, and he is getting traded to a new team. I'm not confident he's worth 6.5 or that he's worth anything more then 3, 3.5 based on his performance so far.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but last year was his breakout year at 27. Most players have their breakout year after their third year in the league, and most players who carry the load for their team's scoring break out well before they are 27.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Pierre McGuire's 2010 Olympic team roster: Brodeur, Luongo, Ward with Brodeur being the starter.
        Darren Pang's 2010 Olympic team roster: Brodeur, Luongo, Ward with Brodeur being the starter
        It'll be Luongo.

If it were Toronto or Calgary I'd say it would be Brodeur, but this is Vancouver.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Daniel Sedin depends on his brother for all of his scoring.
          And you could claim Henrik depends on Daniel. Daniel has been the top scorer since Naslund declined.

Cammalleri has never been the top player on his line? He frequently played on Calgary's 2nd line and lead the team in goals! He played in LA for years as their best player.
          Over Iginla?

As for LA, he never scored more then 31 goals for them. I'm sorry Asher, I'm just not seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            His performance over the last while. This year is the first year that Cammellari had more goals, and he is getting traded to a new team. I'm not confident he's worth 6.5 or that he's worth anything more then 3, 3.5 based on his performance so far.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but last year was his breakout year at 27. Most players have their breakout year after their third year in the league, and most players who carry the load for their team's scoring break out well before they are 27.
            You're so ****ing full of ****.

The past 4 years Cammalleri has averaged 0.386 goals per game.
            Daniel Sedin has averaged 0.36 goals per game in the same timeframe, and with the catch that the only way we could score those goals were to be paired with his twin. Cammalleri did most of his on the bottom-feeding LA kings.

Daniel Sedin is not the superior goalscorer. Sorry, Ben, add this to the mountain of stupid ****ing arguments you've made on this forum.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

And you could claim Henrik depends on Daniel. Daniel has been the top scorer since Naslund declined.
              Yes, Henrik DOES depend on Daniel. They're co-dependent little ****s who I'd want nowhere near my team.

Over Iginla?
              Yes, Ben. If you followed hockey you would not ask such a stupid ****ing question.

As for LA, he never scored more then 31 goals for them. I'm sorry Asher, I'm just not seeing it.
              You're such a ****ing idiot. 06-07 scored 34 goals. In fact he's never scored 31 goals in a season, but he's scored more several times.

This is a guy who has gotten better every year except 06-07, where he battled a concussion and post-concussion effects for the year.

He's had 2 80+ point seasons already and you have the balls to claim only last season he broke out.

Get a ****ing clue.

Comment

It'll be Luongo.

If it were Toronto or Calgary I'd say it would be Brodeur, but this is Vancouver.
                The starting goaltender is not determined by the city the games are held, but their talent and pedigree.

This is not Team Vancouver, it's Team Canada.

Your thought process is beyond ****ed up.

Comment

• The past 4 years Cammalleri has averaged 0.386 goals per game.

Daniel Sedin has averaged 0.36 goals per game in the same timeframe, and with the catch that the only way we could score those goals were to be paired with his twin. Cammalleri did most of his on the bottom-feeding LA kings.
                  The other thing is that he's also had a serious injury whereas Daniel has not. This needs to be taken into consideration as well. If you include the 20+ games that he missed, he's a worse goal scorer.

Comment

The other thing is that he's also had a serious injury whereas Daniel has not. This needs to be taken into consideration as well. If you include the 20+ games that he missed, he's a worse goal scorer.
                    THIS IS SO DESPERATELY PATHETIC I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN.

Fact is, Daniel Sedin is not a better goal scorer. Cammalleri scores at a higher pace than Daniel Sedin and also isn't dependent on having a highly paid twin to feed him the puck to get his goals. Games missed doesn't matter when you are evaluating hockey talent. Even with those missed games over the past four years due to the concussion, Daniel Sedin and Cammalleri have scored the same amount of goals (118) over the past four seasons. The only difference is Cammalleri needed 305 games to do it, Daniel Sedin needed 327. And this isn't even accounting for the fact that in 06-07, even though he played in lots of games he still was suffering from the injury and was not fully recovered til the following season. In any case, there's no argument at all to be made about Daniel Sedin being a better goal scorer.

You've been completely dismantled here but lack the intelligence to recognize it. You're back on the ignore for a period of at least three days because I cannot tolerate your stupidity right now.

The Canucks are a worse team without Ohlund and while paying more for the Sedin sisters. The Flames are a better team with Brent Sutter and JBo. I hope you're having an awesome day.

Comment

• Spacek to Montreal..3 years/11.5 mil. Brutal.

Comment

• Khabi to Oilers. I hate Khabi (EDIT: 4 years @ 15 mil! He's already 36!)
                        Flames sign Pardy

Comment

• Update on the Heatley situation: http://lowetide.blogspot.com/2009/07...t-jet-set.html

* Heatley didn't kill it. the oilers are on the list and he confirmed it with his agent.
                          * Still has to approve it etc- rangers have entered the fray. package is getting better.
                          * Callahan, Dubinsky and del zotto and are improving it.
                          * Senators still want mark staal.
                          * Rangers are top priority- oilers are still fully in this thing and they will improve the package to keep with the rangers.
                          * Sens are still talking with both teams and will squeeze both teams.
                          * Penner and cogliano have been informed they were traded
                          * Millard believes this is the rangers deal to lose.
                          * Millard believes the sens want staal or nothing.
                          * Oilers-Sens deal is still on the table.
                          * It's Tambellini vs Glen Sather tomorrow.

Comment

• Fact is, Daniel Sedin is not a better goal scorer. Cammalleri scores at a higher pace than Daniel Sedin and also isn't dependent on having a highly paid twin to feed him the puck to get his goals.
                            Cammalleri is only a better goal scorer when he plays a full season.

Games missed doesn't matter when you are evaluating hockey talent.
                            It is relevant to the issue as to whether Cammalleri is a valued goal scorer. You can't score if you are concussed. If I am evaluating the both of them, I have to assess the fact that injuries do count.

Even with those missed games over the past four years due to the concussion, Daniel Sedin and Cammalleri have scored the same amount of goals (118) over the past four seasons.
                            That tells me they are about equal. Instead you have to pay another 500k for Cammalleri. Bad deal.

The only difference is Cammalleri needed 305 games to do it, Daniel Sedin needed 327. And this isn't even accounting for the fact that in 06-07, even though he played in lots of games he still was suffering from the injury and was not fully recovered til the following season.
                            So injuries make you a better goal scorer? Sorry, not buying it. If he gets injured and it lowers his ability to score goals, that makes him less valuable, not more.

You've been completely dismantled here but lack the intelligence to recognize it. You're back on the ignore for a period of at least three days because I cannot tolerate your stupidity right now.
                            How is that method working for you anyways.

The Canucks are a worse team without Ohlund and while paying more for the Sedin sisters. The Flames are a better team with Brent Sutter and JBo. I hope you're having an awesome day.
                            They are a year older and haven't added any significant young people. Keeping Bouwmeester means treading water. Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Grabner and Raymond are all a year older with more experience.

Comment

• I'm going to guess that the above post is insanely stupid.

Comment

• Cammalleri signed by the Habs...5 years for 30 mil.

For those keeping track, that is CHEAPER than Daniel Sedin for the same duration, for a better goal scorer.

MTL's first good move today.

Kind of funny how Cammy replaced Tanguay in Calgary. And now he does the same in Montreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X