Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First game against aggressive AI...

...and it did not go well.

I'm playing Game 33 of the Novice Tri-League tournament (if you are currently playing you should stop reading now assuming you just started).

So, I need help. When I played frequently I worked my way up to Noble and did pretty well. I never played against Aggressive AIs, and wasn't much for war mongering (unless I had a tech lead, then let the tanks run them down!). Any tips on dealing with a tough leader (with and without aggressive AI on) would be very appreciated.

EDITED AT THE REQUEST OF TRI-LEAGUE AS TO NOT GIVE AWAY ANY INFORMATION.... Ming
    Last edited by Ming; April 15, 2009, 22:11.

You can't talk details on this game.
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I don't think your problem was so much Aggressive AI as not getting copper or iron (or horses, I imagine). The solution is to research Bronze Working/Animal Husbandry ASAP, and failing to find either, go for Iron Working ASAP. Somewhere nearby you should have something to work with, at least 1 metal, and after locating it make sure you get it. Your last resort would have been to build a ton of archers and take Napoleon's metal city.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If you have to research BW, AH, *and* IW and strike out, then research Archery, you're pretty much farked by that point.

Comment

I don't think we have ever been so mean in a TLT game not to give a military resource.

We did once play as romans and have no steel...........
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog View Post
            I don't think we have ever been so mean in a TLT game not to give a military resource.
            Mean?? I would call that entertainment. Grab popcorn, sit back, and watch the reports come in.

Comment

First I'd suggest trying an Aggressive AI game where your ensured you have either Copper or Horses extremely close before trying one where you also don't have good resources.
              (Or perhaps play the Incas first since they can Q rush.)

Also, it's probably ok to drop one level of difficulty from that which you normally play when switching from non-aggressive to aggressive.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog View Post

We did once play as romans and have no steel...........
                The resource was there, I just didn't get a city to it before Napoleon did. To be honest I didn't even see when it appeared there, it was only after Napoleon had a settler on the way that I spotted it. My biggest issue with this game was not getting that resource first, since I don't know if he had access to another copper other than that one.

Also, sorry for discussing the TLT game that is still in progress. I tried to keep things as vague as possible so as not to spoil things for anybody still playing this game.

I'm just out of practice I guess.

Comment

HeroFromHyrule - please edit out the details of the game from your opening post.

Comment

Working...
                  X