I have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some questions

Right now I just have the demo version of civ4 but I'm going to get it soon, and I have some questions.

1.What happens at the end of the game?

2.How do you beat the game?

3.What is applied t multiplayer?

I would appreciate it if someone answered these questions.

#1: Well, in the demo version you can definitely see what happens in a conquest defeat. (Just don't build any more military units and send your warrior far far away and wait for some barb warrior to sack your only city.)

It's also possible if there are enough turns and you set to dual sized map to see a conquest victory. (There's a video interweaving end moves in a chess game and battle scenes.)

I'm thinking there's probably not enough turns in the demo to win the other ways.
    Space Race includes a video.

After the video (if your method of victory includes one), you see the "replay" scene which shows things like cities culture expanding, wonders being built, Great People being born, cities being conquered, etc.

#2: Just about anything would work on the lowest difficulty level.

#3: Human tactics are more varied from the AI and learn from experience(also unlike the AI). In many respects it's a different game.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

If you're thinking about buying the game, I recommend reading the great articles at :
      Apolyton University.

And welcome to Apolyton Great Lord.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

1.What happens at the end of the game?
        It depends on the victory conditions you set. You can either win the space race, destroy all the other civs, achieve a cultural win, usurp the UN, etc. Your wins, and losses, will then be recorded.

2.How do you beat the game?
        It's a game like chess, you never really beat the game you just master it. Though mastering it does require that you quit your job a divorce your wife, because they don't understand you just want to play ONE MORE TURN!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Really, the demo is insufficient, and you should buy the game if you've enjoyed it enough to come here and ask for help.

Start out at settler and take the time to learn what works and what doesn't, and feel free to ask us if you have any doubts as to tactics or strategy. Once you've mastered settler level, then slowly increase the level then start to play against other people (and probably get your behind handed to you at first, but persevere!) and learn the more difficult MP strategies. You'll have it mastered in no time, trust me!
          (well, except for the mastered bit, but I'm sure you're better than I am and won't play settler games just for the fun of it, and because you know you'll be finished in a couple of hours and have plenty of time for bed before work. )

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
            Start out at settler and take the time to learn what works and what doesn't, and feel free to ask us if you have any doubts as to tactics or strategy.
            I would personally advise against starting at Settler.

You learn way too many bad habits, that you just have to unlearn at even Warlord level.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I'm thinking Great Lord hasn't played any previous game in the Civilization franchise before (nor the similar 4X games). That is the only reason I suggested the lowest difficulty level.

In any case though winning one game at Chieftain calls for instant promotion to Warlord before you learn bad habits.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Settler's nice for kids. Like, 5-8yrs.

Comment

The very first game I played, I did it on settler for a couple hundred turns just to learn the interface and the basics. At that point I quit the game (it was obvious I was going to romp and stomp) and started my second one on noble and had to play at that level for a few games before I figured out enought to move up. So I agree that starting on settler for anything more than an intro is probably not a good idea because, yes, you'll learn some really bad habits.
                  And always play aggressive ai.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                  X