My computer hates Civ 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fistleaf View Post
    Disk space is not that much of a problem nowadays. It's whether the preinstalled stuff preloads into memory, wasting your RAM.
    Exactly my point. But thanks for clarifying. (Seriously)

I only uninstalled the virus scan and installed AVG antivirus.

And you bought a Dell? Then there's a TON of crap in there clogging your OS performance.

If you know what you are doing, you can disable the other TSR software and unnecessary services.

It's pretty darn hard to totally clean things out. I know; I spent 3 solid days doing it.

It's hard to compare prices between different systems as there are so many other things involved, like speakers, USB ports, monitor (Unimatrix, noticed that there is no monitor in your "complete" system).
    Honestly, I would gladly pay a couple hundred extra $ to be able to have a totally clean OS, with install discs, and to be able to install ONLY what I want. Things such as speakers, ports, etc are minor because they are much more end-user configurable (assuming they aren't hard-wired to the motherboard, which unfortunately seems more and more common these days).

Comment

Well, you didnt mention a screen either - so i thought that wasnt involved. Then the word ´bargain´ comes a bit closer to the truth, but still does not quite hit it, since even a couple of month ago, you could get a decent 22" for €200 - throw in a keyboard and a mouse (which was more of an ommision on my side IMO) and you are at €700 (VAT included).

Comment

Working...
      X