Trying to remember a song without the lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to remember a song without the lyrics

Okay, tall order I know. But I'm groping for a song and it seems Poly is a fairly intelligent and knowledgeable place to ask for help*.

The song was playing on the radios in summer 2008. It may have been from earlier, but if so, then not by much.

I don't remember lyrics (though I'm working on it) and I don't remember the tune. It was a love song from a boy to a girl and it had your standard guitars, vocals, drums set up.

Sounds hopeless, I know. The only clue I have that's not overly generic is this:

When I heard the song, I did a search on Wikipedia about the band who made it. Apparently the song was by a kid in high school or college and it was about a female athlete at his school. He wrote it for her but she didn't return his feelings. A bit of trivia for the song is that every time it came on the radio, she knew it was about her because it had her name in it. She reconciled with the writer afterwards though.

Anybody who comes up with the correct answer will have the right to set one line of my signature, to last three months after the date on which they post the answer.

I'll post more lyrics as I remember them, but of course the catch is that as I remember them, I am likely to get that much closer to Googling the song for myself.

[* I should also point out that the infallible Poly oracle has helped me find out of print books based on similarly scanty information: this and this.]
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Sounds like "Eviscerated Offspring" by Dying Fetus.

Comment

Nice, I'll give that a listen on Youtube.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Nope, it wasn't it
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Well, you can't say I never tried.

Comment

Beth
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

this is impossible without moar information
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sweet Little Sixteen

Comment

Hey There Dahlila by the Plain White Ts
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Certainly seems like a possibility.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh, gawd. Please don't make AAHZ correct about this. PLEASE!
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Did he get it or not, Ali? Damn. The suspense is killing me!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

That song redefines gay. What horrible trash.

The song is clearly Crush by David Archuleta.

Comment

This is Wigmeister's guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X