"White People Caused The Crisis But It Wasn't Me"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "White People Caused The Crisis But It Wasn't Me"

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

President Lula said white, blue-eyed people - not Indians, nor black, nor poor people - had created and spread the crisis throughout the world.

We can only imagine his thought process:

"It is white people's fault --- (wait, I'm white) --- white people with blue eyes, that is"

Blah

Comment

Couldn't he have just said Americans and have been done with it??
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Only about 30% of Americans fit that description (made that number up)

The real problem is the jews
        Monkey!!!

Comment

President "Lula"?!?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I think I've just been discriminated against. Darn blue eyes...
            In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
              Only about 30% of Americans fit that description (made that number up)

The real problem is the jews

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] View Post
                Couldn't he have just said Americans and have been done with it??
                They do that all the time in Latin America (thinking of course of USA) so it doesn't make news. It's the blue-eyes bit that is Lula's original contribution

Comment

Louis Farrahkan is suing for copyright violation...
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

In many countries, white is a socially constructed concept, not related to the color of one's skin. In much of Latin America and the Caribbean, whiteness is based on your class. The ruling class of Haiti, for example, considers itself white, even though they would be Black in the United States.

Even in the United States, race is socially defined. In the most extreme case, in the 19th Century, California declared that Chinese people were legally Black and that Mexicans were legally Indians.

So while this sounds weird to Western ears*, for the most part, it's perfectly normal in many parts of the world.

* anecdotally, a friend of mine was in Britain in the 80s and heard someone screaming, "You Black bastard!" She looked around to see what was going on, the the person being called Black was a Greek. So even among Europeans, there can be a racial divide.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

*whoosh*

Way to miss the point, che . The funny part was that he amended 'blue eyes' to exclude himself .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well ****, I was always told my blue eyes would be a good thing. Looks like I caused the world economic crisis and I didn't even know it. I'm still waiting for my cut of the blood money me and my blue eyed kind have extracted from the poor non blue eyed population of the world.
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

And I can imagine that is not the reason he qualified them blue. Sad thing that imagination, ruins jokes that would otherwise give me a feeling of superiority.

Comment

Whew, good thing mine are grey.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

In many countries, white is a socially constructed concept, not related to the color of one's skin. In much of Latin America and the Caribbean, whiteness is based on your class. The ruling class of Haiti, for example, considers itself white, even though they would be Black in the United States.
                              So it's cool with you if, in the interests of simplicity, I just refer to criminals, drug addicts, and lazy people as "black"?
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X