Various modding questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various modding questions

I'm modding the BtS scifi mod Final Frontier for my own purposes. For most easier edits the CivWiki helps a lot, but there are some things I don't quite understand yet:

- FF has no own victory or wonder movies. Say I wanted to add a victory movie, is it just enough to put .bik files called "Conquest", "Domination" etc. under (mod folder)\Assets\Art\Movies\Victory\ - and then the game will use them for the appropriate type of victory? Or do I need to tell the mod that in some xml file, and if so which one?

- Can you mod how much experience is needed for a unit to reach the next promotion? I skimmed through the CIV4UnitInfos.xml, but unless I overlooked it there doesn't seem to be a value to edit this?

- Also in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml there's the entry iExtraCost value (Wiki say its for gold you have to pay for every Unit built) - would that work with negative values, so that a unit actually generates additional gold?

Well, any help would be nice

edit:

Oh and another one: how you disable a certain generic unit for a certain civ? The CivWiki says you can do that by editing the unit entries in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml, but how exactly? Can you just remove a ... entry there?
    Last edited by BeBMan; March 27, 2009, 14:47.
    Blah

Nobody likes me here

Well, figured out the movie thing, if anyone wants to know the movies for the epic game are defined in Civ IV\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Movie.xml

Didn't test it so far with own movies for mods, however....
    Blah

Comment

I think we didnt know
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I don't have the answers to your questions, nor the files to look them up right now but you wiould probably get more feedback at cfc. The modding community is way bigger there than here.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Yeah, I asked similar stuff there....I learned that some of those things aren't possible easily (via xml that is)
          Blah

Comment

- Can you mod how much experience is needed for a unit to reach the next promotion? I skimmed through the CIV4UnitInfos.xml, but unless I overlooked it there doesn't seem to be a value to edit this?
            That's defined by a DLL function that uses a simple equation of (Level ^ 2) + 1, if you can mod the DLL its rather straightforward to replace this with what ever logic you like.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Thx

Thought I didn't look at all into the more advanced modding stuff (beyond xml or graphics) so far.
              Blah

Comment

Working...
              X