Can I possibly win this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I possibly win this?

I am playing on Monarch. Have a strong economy and many cities, located on my own island.
    I have more cities and production power than the other players.
    However, I am severely behind in military power, so I am not in a shape to start a war. I am also a bit behind in the space race.
    Regarding current tech level I am about the same as the other leaders.

Please take a look at this save game and tell me if there is anything I can do to win in this situation.
    I know I probably should have been more aggressive with the space race.
    Other comments?
    Attached Files

I'd like to help but my computer doesn't recognize the format that you've saved the save in.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Theben, the file extension indicates it's from a vanilla Civ IV game and not a BTS one.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Ah, ok.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If you double click on the save game file it opens the appropriate version of civ (assuming you have it installed). As compared with running the game and then using the load game menu option.

I do this all the time, I run so many different mods. It gets confusing what save file is what.

Comment

I seem to do this alot.
            I do a good start and midgame, but then have no real strategy for actually winning the game.

What do you say about the save then? :P
            The problem is that I havn't even started the space race.

Comment

Don't get behind on military power. Early in the game, when you're planning your cities out, designate at LEAST two (on normal size map) for 100% mil production. Build only Granary, Forge, Barracks, and if you build horsey units, stable there. NO other buildings (really!), with the sole exception of a Monument if you can't get culture through religion or whatnot. Then have both of them produce only mil units, all the time, nothing else. (I pick 2 based on an average 8 city core civ [ie, only counting your own built cities]; if you build more cities, or have a larger map, increase that number.) Then build units in other cities as appropriate (ie, as they have no buildings appropriate to their own specialty to build) as well.

You'll find you have a great army, and are more than able to compete militarily
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

sjudubbel, I recognized it as a Vanilla save, but I don't have my vanilla disk on hand; just the BTS one which is in my hard drive. (The vanilla disk is aprox 120 miles away from where I am at the moment since I travel frequently.)
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Build the internet if you can and turn off science. Raise cash and build spies. Deliver your spies via submarine to all AI that are close to launching. Use the cash you built up to pay for missions to destroy spaceship parts. Meanwhile, build spaceship parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X