Frenzy Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenzy Mod

I am getting tired of beating the A.I. at war. I have heard that the Frenzy Mod is supposed to help improve the AI's ability to wage war. Has anyone tried it. Does it work? I would like some confirmation before going ahead and applying it.

Well... if at Very Hard setting with 8 Civs on Islands you are presented with 12 stacks of enemies hurtling towards your capital, don't bother

If not, get it ... NOW!!!

It may have it's limitations/bugs/etc. (Dale: I've not noticed any yet, don't hit me!) but it's a damn side better than the shipped version.

------------------
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

I have been playing on Very Hard and start the game by falling behind badly but then someone declares war on me and after a while their efforts seem to dwindle and they start sending in single units.

Is this the sort of thing that the Mod fixes?

Comment

Yup. It does! It now sends single stacks of 10 or 12 units, it keeps asking me for maps, doesn't always bother declaring war (default attitude appears to be "war"), I'm constantly being pestered by slavers.

I've not got very far in this game, but there is a significant improvement. It's a bit like I remember Very Hard setting (King) in CIV1; you have to be a little bit lucky to survive the first few hundred years.

Get it!!

Comment

Ok, the frency AI sends stacks toward my cities, but I noticed one strange thing: the frenzy AI doesn't defend a conquered city. I can take a city back with one simple warrior.

BlueO: Is there a solution for that behavior?

bye, Andre

Comment

Yeah, I think if a army conquers a new city, ungroup the army should solve the trick. By ungrouping it, it'll turn off the frenziness of that stack, so it won't leave the city to look for the next city to attack. Didn't think of that till now.

Comment

BLUEO,

When the unstack-in-new-city is added, does this mean that the AI will simply leave the units there, or will it move some parts of the stack to continue attacking?

Chris Horscroft

Comment

I just played two games with FrenzyAI 1.04 and DiploMod 3.1(combined) and here is what happened.
                I must say that I ended the first game after half an hour. Some thing were so badly balanced in txt files that it just wasn't playable.

First: Every tech I wanted I got no matter they like me or not, or are they stronger or not.Just ask.
                So I had to change diplomacyproposal.txt and now is better.
                Second: When I ask for truce I get it. Every single time. Diplomacyproposal.txt too.
                Third: Proposal priorities between AI's, AI_TO_AI I think, are disaster. Every country has every techs and newest maps...?!
                Had to change it!
                Forth:
                Minimum distance beetween cities 7 and 8??!! I think this was in Frenzy. Disaster.
                On the north continent one AI had just 2 cities.And there was place for at least 3 more outside their borders, but it was empty.
                Fifth: Minimum garissons from 2 to one unit made in Frenzy. Catastrophe. Barbarians eat half of civs till 0 AD. Had to turn it back.
                Sixth: Frenzy AI stage 4?! When?! I conquered 13 cities on Very Hard of one CIv and 12 another and they offered me truce. OK. I breaked this truce without declaring war at least dozen times and nothing happened. I don't want to use nuclear weapons, I never use it, and as I remember Hitler didn't use it when he toggled the whole world against himself.
                Seventh: AI build too many ranged units. I destroyad AI stacks of 12 archers and 12 artillerys. It needs a balance.
                ETc...Etc...
                Mostly this thing are easy to repair.
                Just one thing more.
                Code SLIC itself isn't so bad made but balancing is coma.
                Withdraw works OK. I had a crash when a foreign spy atempted to steal tech from me.
                But I don't bother the crashes...just save it every 5 turns.
                That all that I remember right now.
                I thing Frenzy and Diplomod are far from over and finished, both need a lot of balancing.
                My suggestion is that we spend more time making this game intelligent and playable then just importing new maps and units. Look at chess. I think Civ is sort of a little more complicated chess game. AI in chess games is refined and good. Nobody cares how king or some other unit looks.
                I don't think graphics is more important but playing a game with a fancy units and graphics and maps is worthless if your opponent is angering you with his stupidity. Attacking cities with bombers instead of bombing....crashing fighters cuz they are out of fuel...I mean I don't care how many sorts of fighters do I have(right now 3) when all off them are falling in sea cuz of a stupid AI.

Conclusion:
                I'll do my best in balancing AI when deal with some exams on my colledge.
                I value things that AW,Dale and BlueO do in trying to make a better AI. I suggest they try to make better versions of relatively innovating Frenzy and Diplomod instead of proclaiming them finished. We need to make them perfect. We need to show Activision what we can do. In a future posts I ll send some more concrete suggestions of TXT files and SLC's.
                Greetings to everyone.
                AJ

Comment

Hi there,

Looks to me like your using old info, diplomod 3.1 indeed had that flaw.
                  Go to the files section and download v 3.2.
                  It dealt with all your problems.

Furthermore it's noticable that without any adjustment diplo and frenzy don't work well together.
                  In a forum (can't remember wich one) there is an addition to frenzyAI wich you paste in the SLIC file and that makes them a lot more compatible !

Try these things and have fun !

Comment

Right...
                    I just downloaded V3.2 of Diplomod (On download info says that it is the V3.1 ).
                    I checked it and I still see high acceptance prioritys for map changes beetween AIs. For now I noticed only that.
                    ProposalElement {
                    Proposal PROPOSAL_REQUEST_GIVE_ADVANCE
                    SendPriority 200
                    AcceptPriority 75
                    RejectPriority 100
                    SenderRegardResult -10
                    ReceiverRegardResult 100
                    ViolationRegardCost 0
                    ViolationTrustCost 0
                    }
                    That's better!
                    But this?!:
                    ProposalElement {
                    Proposal PROPOSAL_REQUEST_GIVE_CITY
                    SendPriority 200
                    AcceptPriority 210
                    RejectPriority 50
                    SenderRegardResult -50
                    ReceiverRegardResult 300
                    ViolationRegardCost 0
                    ViolationTrustCost 0
                    }
                    What are they sharing cities to each other??

And this:
                    ProposalElement {
                    Proposal PROPOSAL_REQUEST_GIVE_ADVANCE
                    SendPriority 200
                    AcceptPriority 210
                    RejectPriority 50
                    SenderRegardResult -10
                    ReceiverRegardResult 100
                    ViolationRegardCost 0
                    ViolationTrustCost 0
                    }
                    And advances too?

ProposalElement {
                    Proposal PROPOSAL_REQUEST_MAP
                    SendPriority 200
                    AcceptPriority 210
                    RejectPriority 50
                    SenderRegardResult -10
                    ReceiverRegardResult 100
                    ViolationRegardCost 0
                    ViolationTrustCost 0
                    }
                    Maps too?

Maybe this was handled in *.slc files somehow?
                    AJ

Comment

AllenJ:
                      In actual fact those are the AI to AI settings and since the AI NEVER does diplomacy between itself, these settings are actually redundant. They're in there simply for the diplomatic stance settings. AI to AI diplomacy is handled by the SLIC script.

------------------
                      Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Actually, the frenzy AI mod is finished. The balance problems had to do with the strategy.txt file... For frenzy ai to work, they need A LOT of units, so I made some of the values in the strategy.txt to the extreme, thus off balancing part of the game.

I'm not likely going to improve the frenzy ai further, because its just too much trouble. So, anyone else who wants to continue to improve the Frenzy AI, you got my blessings!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Horscroft on 02-07-2001 07:56 PM
                          When the unstack-in-new-city is added, does this mean that the AI will simply leave the units there, or will it move some parts of the stack to continue attacking?

That will depends on the Frenzy Stage. In stage 1, it'll likely stay in the city. But in stage 4, it'll probably just move off again... but in separate smaller stacks. Actually, might only want to ungroup them, if the frenzy stage is only 1 or 2.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BlueO on 02-08-2001 06:30 PM
                            I'm not likely going to improve the frenzy ai further, because its just too much trouble. So, anyone else who wants to continue to improve the Frenzy AI, you got my blessings!

Ditto with Diplomacy mod. I may update withdraw mod once more, but that's it. BTW, I've had no sleep this week due to the excessive heat at night so excuse my crappy mood.

------------------
                            Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Could someone post the slic changes needed to ungroup units after a city is captured.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X