Firaxis In Running for Top Developer Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis In Running for Top Developer Title

Tomorrow, Firaxis Games is going up against Halo-developer Bungie. That is, in a first-round match-up for The Escapist in their 2009 "March Mayhem Developer's Showdown". You will need to setup an account to vote, entitling you to vote once in each of six rounds. Seeded sixth in this elimination-style tournament's West division, Firaxis's company includes ninth-seeded Maxis and first seed Nintendo. Bungie is eleventh.

There are 64 developers in all, across four divisions, vying for the top developer spot. Last year, Lord of the Rings Online developer Turbine Inc. beat out Rock Band developer Harmonix in the final pairing. This year Turbine is seeded first in the North division, and Harmonix is the East's second seed.

Round 1, including Firaxis vs. Bungie, runs March 19-20. The second through sixth round dates are the following respectively: March 23-24, March 26-27, March 30-31, April 2-3 and April 6-8. Thanks to Firaxis Games Marketing Director Kelley Gilmore for the news tip.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Originally posted by DanQ View Post
    Tomorrow, Firaxis Games is going up against Halo-developer Bungie. That is, in a first-round match-up for The Escapist in their 2009 "March Mayhem Developer's Showdown". You will need to setup an account to vote, entitling you to vote once in each of six rounds. Seeded sixth in this elimination-style tournament's West division, Firaxis's company includes ninth-seeded Maxis and first seed Nintendo. Bungie is eleventh.

There are 64 developers in all, across four divisions, vying for the top developer spot. Last year, Lord of the Rings Online developer Turbine Inc. beat out Rock Band developer Harmonix in the final pairing. This year Turbine is seeded first in the North division, and Harmonix is the East's second seed.

Round 1, including Firaxis vs. Bungie, runs March 19-20. The second through sixth round dates are the following respectively: March 23-24, March 26-27, March 30-31, April 2-3 and April 6-8. Thanks to Firaxis Games Marketing Director Kelley Gilmore for the news tip.
    Thanks DanQ, when I get home I will square this away!(tommorrow rather)

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Seeding Bungie 11th is insane...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Welcome, Bruce.

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
        Seeding Bungie 11th is insane...
        I think so as well.
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Firaxis Trailing!

As of this writing, Firaxis is trailing Bungie 49.3% (545 votes) to 50.7% (561).

Show support for CivIV's developer and vote Firaxis!

Comment

As of this writing, Firaxis is trailing Bungie 49.3% (545 votes) to 50.7% (561).
            Firaxis now only down by two votes.

Show support for SMAC's's developer and vote Firaxis!

Comment

Show support for CivIV's developer and vote Firaxis!
              As of 7:04 PM EST, Firaxis is down 686-663

Lets vote, as the rest of their Loyalists Subjects have done

Comment

Well, I voted (for Firaxis naturally!). Hopefully it helps.
                You Learn Something New Every Day!
                Member of the ARDA MOD (LOTR)

Comment

Firaxis Losing!!!

By now, Bungie is 70+ votes ahead. It seams like Firaxis would lose the tournament in a few hours. Goooooooo Vote!!!!!!!!! if you haven't done so!!!

Comment

I've done my duty, sorry I wasn't aware until it was almost over, I've started a last minute rally to try to close the gap, their are only a few hours left (or minutes if their on east coast time). Hurry!
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

The Stats Stand as thus:

Firaxis: 48.2% (1220 Votes)
                      Bungie: 51.8% (1313 Votes)

Comment

Originally posted by xmen510 View Post
                        The Stats Stand as thus:

Firaxis: 48.2% (1220 Votes)
                        Bungie: 51.8% (1313 Votes)
                        Yep... and that's that.

Bungie's victory was hard fought at least.
                        Last edited by DanQ; March 21, 2009, 15:01.

Comment

We were only 94 votes short. That is really close.

Comment

Nice try folks, we will still support Firaxis in future

Comment

Working...
                            X