No announcement yet.

How do you deal with natives (in AoD2)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with natives (in AoD2)?

I'm relatively new to C4C, i've started half a dozen vanilla games by now, finished none due to various reasons. Now i'm about to start a new game and ready to try AoD2...and i'm wondering what is your preferred way of dealing with natives.

Do you trade with the tribe closest to your settlements?
    Do you sell them guns, knowing that they might eventually declare war on you for stealing their lands or threatening their way of life, or do you spend a couple of extra turns travelling to a tribe a bit farther away?

Do you use missions/converted natives? Should i even bother with missionaries, or would i be better off training Expert Fishermen and Farmers and get FCs instead? Or only use missionaries for the diplomatic bonus? (i believe thiis lessens the negative sentiment against you?)

What about tribes close to the other European powers...do you try and strengthen them to annoy your rivals?

In my latest vanilla game, me (France), Spain and the Sioux were competing for the same land area at the bottom of the map. The Sioux started a war with Spain, during which i traded and gave the Sioux guns and other goods they demanded. This seriously set Spain back, limiting them to 2 cities while i had 3 times their population later in the game. After that war, due to the gifts, and a FF, i lso had such good relation with the Sioux, that i could steal their land (due to culture, i did buy the ground when settling) and still have them be Pleased with me. Now the Sioux have declared war on Spain again, with me joining in. Spain is down to 1 city, which will soon be mine as well.
    This leaves me strong enough to take down the Sioux if it would ever come to that.

I was happy with how this turned out...but it was all ad-hoc, supplying the Sioux, stealing their land and joining the war against Spain... it seemed like a good idea at the time. There was no grand idea behind it all.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Do you trade with the tribe closest to your settlements?

Yes

Do you sell them guns, knowing that they might eventually declare war on you for stealing their lands or threatening their way of life

No, never.

, or do you spend a couple of extra turns travelling to a tribe a bit farther away?

Not for guns.

Do you use missions/converted natives? Should i even bother with missionaries, or would i be better off training Expert Fishermen and Farmers and get FCs instead?

Non-expert Missionaries asap to the nearby tribes.
    Expert Missionaries really far away.

Train as many free colonists as you can. They are perfect for training fishermen, farmers and all sorts of raw material collectors.

Or only use missionaries for the diplomatic bonus? (i believe thiis lessens the negative sentiment against you?)

Yes, use non-experts.

What about tribes close to the other European powers...do you try and strengthen them to annoy your rivals?

You could, better take them down yourself. Try to pay them and drag them in a war.

In my latest vanilla game, me (France), Spain and the Sioux were competing for the same land area at the bottom of the map. The Sioux started a war with Spain, during which i traded and gave the Sioux guns and other goods they demanded. This seriously set Spain back, limiting them to 2 cities while i had 3 times their population later in the game. After that war, due to the gifts, and a FF, i lso had such good relation with the Sioux, that i could steal their land (due to culture, i did buy the ground when settling) and still have them be Pleased with me. Now the Sioux have declared war on Spain again, with me joining in. Spain is down to 1 city, which will soon be mine as well.
    This leaves me strong enough to take down the Sioux if it would ever come to that.

I wouldn't bother with Sioux. Take down another European.
    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Working...
    X