Newb Question on Multiplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Question on Multiplay

I'm having a problem when i want to go to internet and play multiplay, when i play Lan it works just fine, but i went to the gamespy website, registered, activated my account, then when i try to login when i click the internet thing in CivIV and hit Login, nothing happens, do i need to do something else?
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Obama is an acronym, One Big Ass Mistake America

You need to 'Activate' your GameSpy account with Civ4.

To do this, simply choose Create New Account from within Civ4, and enter the details exactly as you did on the GameSpy website. Then you can use the account to login and play.

Tbh though, if you only plan on using your GameSpy account for Civ4, then you probably would have had better results if you had created your account from within the game anyway.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

thanks
      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

uh i tried that and the same thing happened when i tried logging in

Comment

any thing else i need to do? Or is there another way to activate CivIV with my account

Comment

Does anyone else know what i can do?

Comment

Is Civ4 actually able to connect to the Internet? Or is your Firewall blocking it? That could include your router as well as your Anti-Virus (or even Windows Firewall).
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

my firewall is allowing it, would opening a port help, if so, which port does CivIV use?

Comment

2069, I think...

Comment

Would someone post a basic overview on how to go about playing Civ IV multiplayer please?

Is it only possible/practical to play BTS mp, or does anyone play vanilla mp, or not?

Please advise also about people whose ISP only provides a dynamic IP address (non-static)

and therefore cannot do port forwarding for e.g. their Linksys routers, and how this might relate to Civ 4 mp.

DMJ
                    Last edited by dmjones217; July 29, 2009, 09:57. Reason: re-do

Comment

Working...
                    X