Tensions Between Laos and Ethiopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tensions Between Laos and Ethiopia

I don't know if you've been reading news about this situation, but it's deteriorating rapidly. What do you think will be the eventual outcome?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Eventual outcome? Peacekeepers from Mingapulco occupying both countries.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

The Ethiopians have an actual airforce.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Those countries are land locked and on different continents thousands of miles apart (East Africa and Southeast Asia respectivly) I can't imagine what they would have tensions over.

Did you perhaps mean Eritrea (sp?) the small country on the coast that broke off of Ethiopia or Somalia (parts of it at least) in place of Laos.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I think the only rational and civilized solution is armed conflict.

Shotgun duel at dawn. Turn and fire at three paces. Winner pays the burial and dry cleaning costs.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Ali, I think you've suggested the only civilized option. Congrats.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Ali, I think you've suggested the only civilized option. Congrats.
              There are some things Slowwhand and I do agree on, and they mostly concern the application of foot to ass.

"lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] View Post
                Those countries are land locked and on different continents thousands of miles apart (East Africa and Southeast Asia respectivly) I can't imagine what they would have tensions over.

Did you perhaps mean Eritrea (sp?) the small country on the coast that broke off of Ethiopia or Somalia (parts of it at least) in place of Laos.
                whoosh
                Unbelievable!

Comment

I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
                    Wait wait, now we are talking about a country with a substantial dollar value here... oh wait, we're talking about Laos and Ethiopia.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Tensions Between Laos and Ethiopia

Well all I can say is Go Ethiopia

Any upstanding poster would've included a poll here.

Comment

You all are ignoring the fact that in order to get to Laos (or anywhere else for that matter) Ethiopia has to cross Eritrea.

This has a no chance in hell of happening

Comment

As far as I know, no one cares very much about any of these countries. However, what could Laos and Ethiopia have in common in order to hav tensions about it?

As to Ethiopia reaching Laos or vice-versa, they can fly. No way do they have to "go through" Eritrea. This is the 21st Century. Armies don't really walk or drive from theater to theater.

Of the three, Eritrea, with its intransigant leaders and starving population is the least significant. If everyone in all three countries disappeared instantly, "poof," how long do you think it would be until anyone noticed?
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                          X