This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread V]

This is the Fifth Organization Thread for the Pitboss Diplomacy Game: Beyond the Pit

Use the Story Thread for in-game purposes.

Important links:
    CivStats for this game
    gmail login for this game

Story Thread Part 1 (July-August)
    Story Thread Part 2 (September)
    Story Thread Part 3 (October)
    Story Thread Part 4 (November)
    Story Thread Part 5 (December 2008)
    Story Thread Part 6 (January 2009)
    Story Thread Part 7 (February 2009)
    Story Thread Part 8 (March 2009)
    Story Thread Part 9 (April 2009)
    Story Thread Part 10 (May 2009)

Organisation Thread Part 1
    Organisation Thread Part 2
    Organisation Thread Part 3
    Organisation Thread Part 4
    Organisation Thread Part 5 (this thread)
    Organisation Thread Part 6

Tech Trade Thread
    LOGOUT (to login with your real or pitboss account)

IP: plomp.eu:2062

-----------------------------------------------
    You can mail to the following mail-addresses:
    [civname]@diplo.plomp.eu

if plomp.eu mail is down use the alternate address:

[civname]@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com (instead of [civname@diplo.plomp.eu)
    -----------------------------------------------

Voting

Every 1st day of the month we will start voting for the best players in 3 categories during the last month.

We vote in 3 categories:
    1. story telling
    2. diplomacy
    3. military strategy

We send in a top-3 list for every category.

Story telling is about submitting interesting stories to the story thread in any format.

Diplomacy is about being able to reach your goals through diplomacy in any way.

Military strategy is about making very tactical strategical moves and decisions. (make sure you post evidence about this in the story thread!)
    NB: this category isn't meant only for the war-winners. Someone can lose a war because he's a weaker player, but made some brilliant moves. In this thread we can award him for that. The game-scorelist will reward players for winning wars.

Every player is free to pick 3 players in every category. No more! Less (or none) is possible if you can't choose. It would be cool if you could include reasons for the vote.

Rules for voting:
    1. send them in before the 4th of the month!
    2. votes send in after the 4th of the month do not count
    3. players who didn't vote for a specific month will not gain vote-points for that specific month
    4. voting happens through the anonymous mail address
    5. votes stay unknown till the end of the game (to avoid political votes)
    6. votes are being send to vote@diplo.plomp.eu or votes@diplo.plomp.eu
    vote@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com also works.
    7. The mail subject includes "votes round x"
    8. You can't vote for yourself
    9. The vote-mailbox that receives all votes will remain closed till the game has been finished. Then we will all receive the password and be able to read/count the votes and read the comments.

The #1 in each category earn 3 points, #2 earns 2 points, #3 earns 1 point.

This will result in 4 scorelists (3 above mentioned categories + the gamescore list)

All players will receive points for their position in all of these 4 lists. 18 points for the #1's, 17 points for the #2's, ...... 1 point for the #18's

The sum of these points tells us who won this game.

Conclusion, the winner is determined by:
    25% gamescore
    25% story telling
    25% diplomacy
    25% military strategy

----------------------------------

Rules:

- 15 tech trade rule
    Every civilization in this game is allowed to trade away 15 techs. It is also allowed to trade away the right to trade a tech to another civilization.

It matters not what the away trading civilization gets in return. It matters not if it is a small technology (ie. fishing) or a big technology (ie. Fusion).

If civ A trades Philosophy to civ B which returns both Monotheism and Masonry, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade a tech away (tech voucher) and Civ B loses 2 rights to trade a tech away (2 tech vouchers).

If Player A trades away Philosophy to civ B which returns the right to trade away a tech, then Civ 1 loses and wins 1 tech voucher (thus: the number of techs he can trade away remains the same) while Civ B loses 1 right to trade away a tech.

If Civ A gives Theology to Civ B, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade away a tech (loses 1 tech voucher).

- No double moves during war-time
    Civilizations that are at war or want to declare war have observe the turn order which is set the turn before the war starts.
    To ensure that all involved players have enough time to play their turn during these circumstances the turn-timer will be set to 36 hours during wartime.
    If 6 hours before the turn timer expires the first player to play his turn still did not play the game will be paused till this player can play his turn.
    Players at war can not login to the game anymore after they have ended their turn.
    Players must immediately leave the game after ending their turn.

Examples:
    Code:
    Turn x-1: [color=red]Player 1 ends turn[/color]
                 [color=blue]Player 2 ends turn[/color]
    Turn x:   [color=red]Player 1 declares war and ends turn[/color]
    turn x+1 till peace
                 [color=red]Player 1 ends turn[/color]
    or

Code:
    Turn x-1: [color=blue]Player 1 ends turn[/color]
                 [color=red]Player 2 ends turn[/color]
    Turn x:   [color=blue]Player 1 ends turn[/color]
                 [color=red]Player 2 declares war and ends turn[/color]
    turn x+1 till peace
                 [color=blue]Player 1 ends turn[/color]
                 [color=red]Player 2 ends turn[/color]
    The only exception is when Player 1 ends turn first in turn x-1 but decides to declare war after player 2 ends his turn in turn x:

Code:
    Turn x-1: [color=red]Player 1 ends turn[/color]
    Turn x:   [color=blue]Player 2 ends turn[/color]
                 [color=red]Player 1 declares war and ends turn[/color]
    turn x+1 till peace has been signed
                 [color=red]Player 1 ends turn[/color]
    If more players are involved the same rules apply.
    Players can change the turn order during war if both agree to in a clear public post in the organization thread.

If during war any civilization misses two turns in a row a temp-sub will be assigned for this civ.
    When the turn-order has been violated the turn will immediately be reloaded by the host without debate or discussion.
    The last save available before the violation happened will be used for this reload.
    Last edited by Robert; May 29, 2009, 15:34.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Cyber, since you have agreed not to move/upgrade any units this turn and since you have agreed to my proposal for keeping the GE alive. I will let you play your turn first (I haven't spoken to Maya about this) because I will not be able to do it until there are around four hours left in the timer. This might not workout for you though (to wait that long) so I think you might as well move before me this turn. This is not a ploy as I have already given you PMs discussing what I intend on doing this turn, and you should trust that (becuase it was an OOC post). We can return to the regular order next turn. If you'd rather not do this then you'll just have to wait because I won't be able to take my turn for that period of time.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Korea: I have promised to not move against your invasion near knossos.
      Can you explain what I cannot do.
      Right now I have not: moved any units towards Knossos/Thebes, upgraded units in or around Knossos/Thebes. 2 workers auto-moved by accident. But that has nothing to do with the battle (though you could have caught them otherwise, but you would not have been able to if you would have played your turn, because I would have removed them 1 turn earlier of course)

Anyway, no drafting / slaving / upgrading / of troops around /into the direction of Knossos/Thebes, etc. that's clear. But is there anything else that I can't do according to you?

Comment

You are the one who said you wouldn't, so I don't know why you are asking me. I told you that since you are doing this I would refrain from attacking Knossos for this turn so long as you reply to my numerous PMs and post in the story thread which you have yet to do. I have also said that I can't play my turn until later on tonight so if its easier for you to move now (rather than wait six hours) that'd be fine and I wouldn't be upset about that since I realize the time I'd be playing would be much later tonight (this is just because I don't have time earlier than that). I am not trying to order you around or be combative, but I figure if you aren't going to do anything right now we might as well see what you think of the proposal I've made to you, which was discussed with the Maya.

I'm not trying to rehash an argument where I (incorrectly) got painted in a bad light, so stop treating me like I did anything wrong.

So instead of passive-aggressive posts where you act like I told you not to move, could you please just start replying to some of my posts/PMs so we can get this DIPLOGAME going again?
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I'm not trying to rehash an argument where I (incorrectly) got painted in a bad light, so stop treating me like I did anything wrong.

I'm sorry, that was not my intention.
          I just wanted to get the 'rules' clear to avoid a possible debate later.
          I think that you have anwered that clearly now. I can do any move, and if you think one of my moves is wrong, it's an IC wrong move that'll be handle by you IC (ie. by not delaying your war till tomorrow but strike me tonight.)

I"m now going to work on an entire new story-style for my next diplo post, unseen ever in the history of diplogaming. Prepare yourself

Comment

Khmer has just mad a quick post in the story thread. I am very busy lately and have not read several pages of both these threads. I will try to catch up later but let's please be nice to each other and totally separate IC from OOC.

Comment

unseen ever in the history of diplogaming. Prepare yourself

Comment

Greetings all.

My apologies for my silence as of late. February was a very busy month in RL, including a stint of babysitting my best friend who had heart surgery to repair a defective valve. He is doing very well.

And now my wife and I are off for 10 days on winter vacation. CS, I respectfully request an extension for my voting for last month. I am back on the 16th, but I will still need a day or two to catch up.

Frederick, the Holy Roman Emperor is very, very old. He is now 107 years old. His mind is still active, but it is time for a new Emperor.

In the meantime, I have asked a substitute to play my turns for the next week and a half.

Thank you one and all for your patience when RL puts a lot on your plate.

Cheers! I will have a beer in Florida for each and every one of you.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                  We vote per month.
                  (and give everyone a few extra days b/c of the big fight)
                  Damn - what did I miss???

Comment

It's time to vote again!
                    Voting is possible till February 18th (b/c of delay request of the HRE)

We vote for stories / happenings during the Month of February only!

People: you don't have to apologize to me for voting for Korea (I say this because I have received a vote from a civ who putted an apologize next to every vote for Korea The guys deserves what he deserves!)

Comment

The guys deserves what he deserves!

And apart from some votes that is total annihilation

Comment

What happens with the votes of someone who has been annihilated a pure theoretical question of course

Comment

He just keeps his votes of course.
                          He just lost the ability to get more in-gamescore points.
                          Theoretical one could of course continue to write stories.

Somebody tell me to stop talking to myself.

Comment

Spain / Portugal / Japan: EVERY login delays the start of the new turn.
                            So if you guys keep logging in and out to this game to see if the turn already has proceeded it'll never proceed. Just letting you know
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Robert; March 5, 2009, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Greece View Post
                              What happens with the votes of someone who has been annihilated a pure theoretical question of course
                              Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                              He just keeps his votes of course.
                              He just lost the ability to get more in-gamescore points.
                              Theoretical one could of course continue to write stories.

Somebody tell me to stop talking to myself.
                              Schizo?

Comment

Working...
                              X