Should I keep or should I raze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    The AI just builds too many cities in worthless locations. They just aren't worth keeping.
    If I'm at war with somebody, I really don't care if I take a diplo hit. It's not like they are ever going to be my buddy again You just have to make sure that you don't raze a holy city by accident...
    Sometimes I do end up "buddies" with a civ I've fought a war against. Typically, this is a civ that attacked me. I fight off the attack, counterattack, and take cities. This civ may share my religion, making them a good candidate to be a "buddy." If I don't raze any of their cities, I have a very good shot at coming out of the war with a positive diplo situation. Soon enough, I've got open borders and trade going again.

I fight so that I may build. I'm happy to crush an AI civ mercilessly, but it's not my primary objective. It's a means to an end.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

On the AI building too many cities in worthless locations, the folks over at Better AI say that with an unmodified AIHandicap.xml city at high difficulty levels (Emperor+) the locations aren't nearly as bad to the AI as people think.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

While they may not be nearly as bad to the AI as people think, I know that many are worthless to me
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
        X