No announcement yet.

Hypothetically Speaking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I made -some- progress, but its rather a pain to compile isn't it?
      "

Comment

It can be the first time. Once it's done though it's plain sailing.

If you're having problems then post the errors. I'm sure Martin or someone else lurking around will be able to help. I doubt I will, except to post links to helpful posts made by others.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Well, I figured out what I was doing wrong(so far). I am too embarrassed to give details, it is enough to say I misread your instructions at a key point.
          "

Comment

Okay, I've established VC doesn't like me. Why the heck is it looking in "cygdrive" during the custom build step. "cygdrive" is part of the cygwin application, which I have uninstalled, and should have nothing to do with ctp2 or VC:

Code:
            ------ Build started: Project: dbgen, Configuration: Final Win32 ------
            Performing Custom Build Step
            /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Activision/Call To Power 2/bin/byacc: f - cannot open "/tmp"
            Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"
            Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_code\gs\dbgen\Final\BuildLog.htm"
            dbgen - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
            ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
            "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
              Okay, I've established VC doesn't like me. Why the heck is it looking in "cygdrive" during the custom build step. "cygdrive" is part of the cygwin application, which I have uninstalled, and should have nothing to do with ctp2 or VC:

Code:
              ------ Build started: Project: dbgen, Configuration: Final Win32 ------
              Performing Custom Build Step
              /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Activision/Call To Power 2/bin/byacc: f - cannot open "/tmp"
              Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"
              Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_code\gs\dbgen\Final\BuildLog.htm"
              dbgen - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
              ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
              I think E got the same problem as you here. And see Martin's reply afterward.

Comment

Woohoo!!

"

Comment

So tell us all how you fixed the tmp directory thing.

Comment

I just added the Environmental variable TMPDIR = C:\tmp.
                    "

Comment

A clean copy of MSVCRTD.DLL:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                        I also use nointromovie (or you can remove the CD check and play without a CD, that also skips the intro). Other arguments (that I've yet to try) are notimeslice and runinbackground.
                        How do you do remove the cd part?

my disk does not read right any more.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeB12345 View Post
                          How do you do remove the cd part?

my disk does not read right any more.
                          I can't remember what I did exactly. Just search in the source code for things like CDDRIVE or CDCHECK things like that. It's all inside one small source file and I juts changed one or two lines there.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                            I can't remember what I did exactly. Just search in the source code for things like CDDRIVE or CDCHECK things like that. It's all inside one small source file and I juts changed one or two lines there.
                            Or compile it as release version. That is an optimized version without the CD-check.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                              Or compile it as release version. That is an optimized version without the CD-check.

-Martin
                              Can some one do that for me?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeB12345 View Post
                                Can some one do that for me?
                                And then what, compile the next version, too? And the following too, and so on? I am sorry, but we are not allowed to distribute a version without a CD check.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X