Need Questions for modding FAQ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Questions for modding FAQ???

I'm writing a FAQ for beginners to CTP2 modding and any questions you want answered please post them here.
    Also for indepth slic questions would anyone be willing to help. You can also write your own part of the FAQ and email me at Gondhi_dm@hotmail.com i will include it and give you credit for it.

------------------
    " mind over body "
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

well, the following are a "must"

- how to add/change a civilization in the choices
    - how to add/change a unit
    - settings for players in the scenario editor and what results each one gives

Comment

Also add questions about various crashes, why doesn't the game load after I mod, so on.
      Be sure to include an advice of backing up the original game files.

------------------
      Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Darkknight, I would leave indept SLIC questions for what they are and focus on more basic things (like the things Markos suggests). Not only is SLIC extremely complex and would it be one hell of a job to explain it so that everyone understands it, but also (and more importantly), I'm already working already working on a SLIC guide myself, so we'd be doing double work. I already have 30 or 40 pages or so and will probably release part 1 in two or three weeks time (not making any promises though, contrary to Activision I don't release unfinished products). If you want to cover some SLIC, only cover the basics.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Sorry but i dont have much time lately and have been having trouble with various bits so i'm going to give up the mod position so anyone interested i'll mail you what little i've got done and let you take over.
          I advise you to have some SLIC experience as that is a large part of modding now. (and also a fast connection, i still haven't finished a full download of the Sprite tool 400kb just then, best yet) You should be willing to give a fair bit of time to just browsing around the .txt files finding out how the game works.
          If you want to do this then mail mark, If he's looking for another modeditor he'll probably post a topic in Creation though.
          If you need any help then mail me at Gondhi_dm@hotmail.com

------------------
          " mind over body "
          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
          X