Spring has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring has arrived!

Well, not really. There's still snow everywhere, the temperature isn't that high either, but the sun is very spring-like.
    Also, keep an eye out for Serb popping in and telling you how sorry he is.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

It's his fault?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

On the other hand, it's snowing in Atlanta. Yes. Atlanta, GA.

My apartment complex:

From Snow in Atlanta
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

it was lovely out today. spent the afternoon playing football on the beach with the boys.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
          Well, not really. There's still snow everywhere, the temperature isn't that high either, but the sun is very spring-like.
          Also, keep an eye out for Serb popping in and telling you how sorry he is.

No snow in OKC
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeh, we're just starting our snow season in DC. We hardly ever have much snow except in the late winter/early spring.

The longer days and higher temperatures are much appreciated, however.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Spring forward next weekend.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Already? Did that get moved up??
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

L.A. is having a springlike mini-heatwave this weekend. It ends tonight when another rainstorm is supposed to pass through.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Already? Did that get moved up??
                    March is the first spring month, what's wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                      March is the first spring month, what's wrong with you?
                      I thought I remembered DST starting in early April. And actually, I was right. The U.S. did change it a couple years ago. Per Wiki:

Starting in 2007, most of the United States and Canada observe DST from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, almost two-thirds of the year.[88] The 2007 U.S. change was part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005; previously, from 1987 through 2006, the start and end dates were the first Sunday in April and the last Sunday in October
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No snow in OKC
                        On the one hand, you're happy to not have snow.

On the other hand, you live in oklahoma city.

So not sure cheering is appropriate
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

OOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            I thought I remembered DST starting in early April. And actually, I was right. The U.S. did change it a couple years ago. Per Wiki:
                            What does DST have to do with spring?

Comment

Working...
                            X