No announcement yet.

AoD2: 1.08 Changelog & discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the biggest problem with 1.08 is that it was rushed due to the patch. The patch caught me by surprise and got me at the beginning of a version cycle instead of the end as I'd hoped to be able to plan for.

Oh well, 1.09 will RAWK!

Comment

No doubt!
      Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Build many WTs and force them to 100% RS it will shift you RS a lot, after initial drop.

Comment

It's always going to be problematic having wagon trains and ships count towards your RS. If you use them the way they were intended to be used, it works against you. It's hard enough trying to keep your RS up if you have soldiers/dragoons out beating up the neighbors. Add in wagon trains and ships and you'll never get it up.

It's just fine if you're playing for an Industrial Victory (which I'm generally doing), but I'm not seeing how you can reasonably win independence with the current rule set.

And educating a unit should NOT reset their RS - especially if they are educated in one of your towns.

Another note. It strikes me a odd that the european sale price of a finished good could actually be less than the sale price of the raw material. The finished good should always be at least twice the price of the raw material. And I can't see price of silver ever fall that much in price. Perhaps there needs to be some bottom caps on the sale price of goods.
          Last edited by Aerion; March 23, 2009, 07:36.

Comment

We agree.

I think WTs will be alright when Dale fixes the bug. When units educated or created they will get town RS.

Was thinking about bells and REF size.

What if REF increases with the number of extra rebels and not bell production?

eg for revolutionary the King for every 10 extra rebel units could decide to increase REF size by 5. This would balance REF, once and for all.

Also unit cap could be removed, as there is going to be a balance between REF size and colony units regardless empire size.
            Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 23, 2009, 08:35.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
              With so low RS and such a huge force to oppose you lose man.

You got to work with only 3 ESs no matter how many cities you have. If you want political points build them from a lumber mill.

But overall when everything gets fixed it will be better. We are the guinney pigs now. Don't worry about it. Good job there! Dale needs our views.
              well i will tell you how it ended... gonna play this till the end maybe i find other problems as well...

what i am really curious is what happends exactly on DoI? i mean dale suggested once that Towns with low RS go to the king on DoI... now what happends with the 28038674 cannons with 0% RS? or freshly built stuff which starts right away with 0%?

Comment

Fek this game man. Start again and use only one town with 3 Elder Statemen. Use it as education centre. Overproduction of bells feked your game. Do another 48 cities with no bell production. (^^,) This time REF will be tiny.

What do you think of this?

What if REF increases with the number of extra rebels and not bell production?

eg for revolutionary the King for every 10 extra rebel units could decide to increase REF size by 5 (2:1). This would balance REF, once and for all.

Also unit cap could be removed, as there is going to be a balance between REF size and colony units regardless empire size.
                Was now thinking decreasing population of rebels, could cause REF to decrease as well. REF could make increse/decrease checks every year.
                Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 23, 2009, 09:11.

Comment

mhm i think the coefficient is too high considering that WT Ships and even Trade goods count as Tory/Rebel... basically it could work tho i dont think it should decrease the REF anymore just halting the increase till the conditions are met again for next upgrade.

i seriously think there should be another way for the rev screen.. especially on older comps its lagging up real bad... i have 2 comps one which is 2 months old and one with 2 years.. on the older comp i load the same game and wanna look at ref and than i can go drink a coffee till it loaded all the units and counted the GRS or whatever it is doing it takes arround 2-5 minutes!!! for an empire of arround 30 towns with 15+ pop each.. annoying as hell..

i think i found another bug there now tho... a 100% Rebel Dragoon doesnt get any fighting upgrades for being rebel? uh oh i need to take a deeper look into this tho in next game..

Comment

Working...
                  X